Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
I forgot to mention that I did list one item with gold accents, bringing my total to 10. It also sold right away!
Hey Jay & Ryanne –
Just an idea on the mugs for your coffee shop. As scavengers, you come across mugs all the time for very little money. Some thrift stores give them away because no one will buy them. Why don’t you just collect & wash them, and then just highlight that as part of your store’s “sustainability initiative”. People can leave them, or take them, and you can have a sign asking for more donations. Just a suggestion.
For offer history, I am just as confused about that page, but I have noticed that they moved the most recent offer down to the bottom. So, first they list all the expired offers, then the ones still open on the bottom. Really stupid way to organize the page, but that is the way it is.
For the caller (Patty) asking about how to select shipping when sending an invoice. So, sometimes you strike a deal that includes shipping, and you want to make sure that it is the cheapest available. What you do is delete all the other options and only leave one. Keep in mind that the fist option cannot be deleted, so you have to change it to what you want. If you have Priority first and FedEx second, you have to delete FedEx and then change the main one from Priority to FedEx. Then the buyer cannot select a premium shipping service. Perhaps this answers her question?
Week of April 19 – 25
* Total Items in Store: 1403 eBay, 34 Etsy
* Items Sold: 29 eBay
* Cost of Items Sold: $36.96 + $83.96 Commission
* Total Sales: $579.97 eBay
* Highest Price Sold: $40 Vintage 1970s Miller High Life lighted bar sign
* Returns: 1 (not shipped yet)
* Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $0
* Number of items listed this week: 5Still having very robust sales, but many are inexpensive items under $10. I sometimes take photos before researching, so I end up with cheap stuff that I list because I already did the work. Still quite happy with the results. I sold eight items on commission, so that number is high.
I started this new week with a $124 sale, so we’re off to a good start.
I’ve noticed many more counteroffers lately after sending offers to buyers. Buyers seem to be smart about it because they make a reasonable offer just below what I was interested in giving, but then I want the sale so I accept 🙂
One last thing – I just noticed this morning an extra heading on Seller Hub called Payments. I clicked it, it is about managed payments. Since I’m not there yet, it is just informational, but, in the future, I guess it will probably have information on the money available for disbursement and other such things.
You need to have a basic store or higher to get the shipping supplies coupon. You can see the benefit seven rows down on this discount table:
https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/subscriptions-and-fees.html#m22_tb_a2__2I’m right up there with Libby at 5 😂
@Timo – Glad to be of help. Do you remember ever adjusting those settings? Maybe you set something up when you first created your account?
Try the “Manage shipping settings” page:
https://www.ebay.com/ship/prfClose to the bottom, check to see if there is anything under “Exclude shipping locations”.
In your listing or business policies, there is a “Exclude shipping locations” area. Check to see if there is anything there. It is possible to limit an item so that it won’t ship to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, etc.
What is the item? Is it something that might be restricted to ground shipping only, like perfume?
04/24/2020 at 11:14 am in reply to: Model kit, Car door panels, Telegraph key, Vintage CD player, Radio, 8 Track #76645I did have a good week of sales, but most were regular run of the mill stuff. Here are a few that I thought were more interesting, but not necessarily my highest priced.
I purchased this walking stick at an auction earlier this year for $5.75. It sold on offer to buyers for $28. The buyer didn’t seem to understand how to pay and kept asking whether they could pay with this type of gift card or another. Finally, the sale went through, and I hope she isn’t difficult after she receives it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184185078407I found a glitch with the offer to buyers function. I had clicked on three items to do a small 5% off. I decided to unclick one of the items, so I went back, unclicked the one, and then pressed make offer. I did not realize that the default was now the sale price instead of a percentage off. This cobalt blue Fenton vase ended up selling for $5. Oops. I quickly ended and re-listed the other item so that it couldn’t be sold for the same price.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184014904067I just like old books although they don’t always sell for much. I saw this 1929 interior decorating student book at the last day of an estate sale where everything was $1. It sold for $23, although the shipping was included (I think $4ish).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184007928018For some reason, my dad decided, in his old age, to get a license to own and carry a gun in Florida. He bought some holsters a few years ago that didn’t work for him. They’ve been sitting in my basement since last summer because I didn’t know much about them. I heard that there has been a run on guns due to the pandemic, so I thought I’d list them now. This Fobus holster sold for $17. The other one is a lesser known name and hasn’t sold yet.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184248428264-
This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by
Sharyn.
04/21/2020 at 1:44 pm in reply to: Has anyone else noticed Fed-Ex not showing up in shipping options? #76565I just looked at a few of my listings, but from my account. I can see FedEx options where I have them.
One weird thing, though, my total number of listings were showing about 15 items low, but then it came back up.
I don’t know. Maybe there is just some general messing around going on.
Oh, yeh, coffee consumption definitely has to be a part of the decision making process ☕️
Yes, it looks like it could be a perfume bottle. What does the stopper look like?
@ChristineR – If you click to make an offer on just one item, the default that comes up is the price option. If you click several items at a time to make offers on all of them, then the default is a percentage off (unless you did what I did). I’m curious because the lowest percent they allow me is 5%. How did you end up with a $1 price?
I listed 12 items.
Three had gold (one actual and the others had gold color accents).
I found a weird sort of glitch on the “make offer” function this week. I selected three things that I wanted to do a small 5% offer just to get them off the page. After getting to the make offer page, I decided to remove one of the items, so I went back to the previous page, unclicked that one item, and then pressed make offer again. I put in the 5, but the default had changed from a percentage to the actual price. You see where I’m going here? Someone bought a glass Fenton vase, which I was selling on commission, for $5. When I realized what happened, I immediately ended the second item and relisted it so that the $5 offer was removed. My mistake for not checking it, which I usually do, but I think it is a glitch as well.
Anyway, I had a good week, but not the high sales of the previous week (especially factoring in the $5 Fenton vase).
Week of April 12 – 18
* Total Items in Store: 1424 eBay, 34 Etsy
* Items Sold: 22 eBay
* Cost of Items Sold: $20.65 + $46.68 Commission
* Total Sales: $427.07 eBay
* Highest Price Sold: $39 Nikken bracelet (on commission); $35 lamp
* Average Price Sold: $19.41
* Returns: 0 (but 2 NPB)
* Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $0
* Number of items listed this week: 12In Etsy news, I have someone who wants to buy 9 whiskey pitchers from a single maker, so I created a special listing for her. I gave her a week to pay, so hopefully it goes through.
I agree. The offer history used to be there, but now part of it is gone. In particular, the original offer you sent to the person who is now sending a counteroffer.
-
This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts