Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
My week started out really super busy because of my part time job and stayed busy because of very good sales on eBay. I did not list anything. Give me a big zero.
I haven’t done much with the June challenge yet, either, but I did take a look and realized that I need to do a little cleaning before I bring the radios upstairs.
Amatino – I hope that you are doing better. Between three different surgeons, you would think someone would figure it out. I’m so sorry that you have to deal with more procedures, but, hopefully, they get it right and you start to feeling better.
stock21 is saying that he sent it FedEx. I’m not sure if FedEx insurance is $50 or $100. The buyer seems to be willing to take a partial refund. I would work with him, and then submit the insurance claim.
06/12/2020 at 9:52 am in reply to: Trippensee planetarium, Atomic floor lamp, Polaris gun boot, hats, Linemans belt #78358I believe that you are correct. I really have no idea about this sort of stuff. I have a cousin who is in the jewelry business, and she helps me occasionally. I send her a photo and she’ll do the best she can. I saw the color of the stones, so just made an assumption. The buyer, on the other hand, left this feedback:
I must say that the stone is not turquoise and is opal but I love it more now
06/11/2020 at 10:08 pm in reply to: Trippensee planetarium, Atomic floor lamp, Polaris gun boot, hats, Linemans belt #78348Steve – Happy to help you with that cap.
Eagle Eye Sharyn
Ha! My interesting sales last week:
I had a number of good sales for the one person that I do commissions for. First, this is maybe the 7th or 8th Nikken jewelry piece I’ve sold for them. The jewelry is made with magnets, which is supposed to help with pain. I can’t vouch for them, but they always sell well. This necklace sold for $33.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184227341432Also for that commission, I resold a gold ring that had been returned for $150 (mentioned a few weeks ago), and I sold another of the gold rings for $140. This one I had a hard time photographing because the geometrical shape makes it look as if it is not circular. I had to use my hand in the main photo, which just looks horrible (to me at least).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184274193803I had two vintage wall phones sitting around waiting to be tested. I finally bought an extender for testing, and they didn’t work. Nevertheless, they sold overnight for $29. I paid about $1 each.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184311520979My highest non-commission sale was a vintage NordMende radio. I had put in some wrong information in the item specifics, so the buyer used that to get some money back. He had changed his mind, but it was a no-return item. However, he could have opened an INAD. Whatever, It sold for $60, and then I refunded the $15 he asked for (he was polite and all). I paid $5.75.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184172568584This really neat vintage tool is used to scribe a line (probably on wood). I bought it recently in an online auction for a few dollars, and it sold for $30. The buyer left me positive feedback and then sent a message saying that I shouldn’t ruin a patina by buffing up old items. I messaged back saying that the item was like that when I bought it. I don’t want to spend time on anything other than maybe removing some dust.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184318638275This vintage GE clock was left by someone in the trash area at a live auction before everything closed down. It works fine and is in decent condition. Sold for $21 on offer.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184183871580It might be a latch hook rug.
Week of May 31 – June 6
* Total Items in Store: 1322 eBay, 32 Etsy
* Items Sold: 20 eBay
* Cost of Items Sold: $14.16 + $140 Commission
* Total Sales: $695.80 eBay
* Highest Price Sold: $150 & $140 both for gold rings on commission (one had been returned then resold), $60 nonworking vintage NordeMende Radio (highest noncommissioned sale)
* Average price: $34.79
* Returns: 0 (1 immediate cancel)
* Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $0
* Number of items listed this week: 12Last week was very good based on the sale of two gold rings on commission, but one had been sold and returned last month, so the numbers look better than they really are. It might have been even better because I sold a radio for $164, but the buyer requested to cancel before I shipped it out. It just resold yesterday, so that should be my highest sale for this week.
Happy birthday to you two! I had my birthday at the end of March after the quarantine started. I had my husband do the cooking that night, so it wasn’t so bad. I kind of missed going out, though.
I have a few comments on the podcast:
I’ve also seen that issue on the mobile app. I don’t submit offers from there, but I do look to see what is available. I’ll see something like “Buyer pays $0.00”, but, when I actually submit the offer on the desktop, the shipping is calculated correctly. I just checked it out, and it now says “Buyer pays”, so, yeh, maybe they’re working on it.In the subject of seeing old photos of your coffee shop building, my brother-in-law received an interesting email a few weeks ago. He has an insurance company with an office in an older area of Pittsburgh. A seller on eBay found out who was currently leasing the building and contacted him through his email address on his website. She was selling a very old photo of the building (when it was a feed store) and provided a link to her auction. I was impressed; that’s some research! She had priced it a bit high at $75, so I gave some recommendations on possibly negotiating the cost down. I haven’t heard whether he bought it or not.
I’ve also noticed the high prices on online auctions in my area. I did manage to buy a small amount of inventory a week or so ago, but I was outbid on most of it. I’m now seeing more auctions in my area. Maybe the higher number and the general lifting of restrictions might make the prices a bit more reasonable.
I don’t sell many new items, but, when I do, I get those stock images as well. I do the same as you and expand the image, right click, select “save image”, and then save it to my photo folder on my hard drive. Then I can add it back in. I don’t think that my process is any faster than a screen grab.
This is a good question. My parents actually gave me their old license plates to sell, but I’m not sure I can. I know that they have to be a certain age before you can sell. Actually, I think that I have some of my own sitting around somewhere.
Sorry, I don’t have the answer, but I’m interested in seeing if anyone else knows.
Vintage Lacy – a big happy birthday to your mom! And, sorry to hear about your troubles. So good of you to intervene.
Other the other hand, it give me a chance to tie 🙂 I listed 12.
06/04/2020 at 5:43 pm in reply to: Harley Davidson shirt, Johnny Cash reel tape, Clock Radio, Stereos, Levis jacket #78102I guess that there are advantages of having stalkers?
Anyway, I only had a couple good sales last week:
I recently listed the three remaining Zenith Trans Oceanic radios left from my large radio purchase last September. The FM radio on this one worked, but the other bands were quiet. Still, it sold for $98. I have two left now.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184302178801I’m always on the lookout for the wood Napa Valley holders. This one for CDs was purchased at a Goodwill for about $3, and it sold for $26.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18401372649606/04/2020 at 2:53 pm in reply to: Harley Davidson shirt, Johnny Cash reel tape, Clock Radio, Stereos, Levis jacket #78098Hey Steve – I follow your solds on eBay just to compare out what I see in the videos. I noticed that the Peterbilt cap that you showed in the video did not match the one that showed up in your solds. However, I do see the one in the video still available in your store. Did you accidentally ship the wrong cap?
Yes, I’m a stalker.
Anyway, I’ll put up my sales later tonight or tomorrow.
For the June challenge, you wanted photos, so see below. The first photo is a box with six vintage clock radios. One says not to plug it in, so I will definitely sell it for parts/untested. The second photo shows that there is a second box underneath it. I’m thinking that it has more than the six clock radios, but I’m not sure how many.
So my goal will be to list all the clocks in the first box with a stretch goal of the second box.
Amatino, things just seem to happen you. And, usually it isn’t just one thing at a time. I hope the doctors figure you out and you get back to being you soon. 🤢
For the May challenge:
Junque Redux is in first place with 4 sales!
Vintage Lacy & Amatino are tied for 2nd/3rd with 3 sales!
And I had just the one sale.I don’t know how the points go, so can you take it from here?
Your condition statement is “Rare-gently used”. Your buyer might have thought it part of the design since the condition statement doesn’t include any mention of a crack. Or, maybe they didn’t realize the extent of the damage.
Personally, I think you should include photos of the back of the mold and a few closeups of cracks or chips. Then, mention the issues in the condition statement. I feel that the way you have it setup opens the door for a “not as described” return, which you have to take.
I offer returns for all my items except for ones that are damaged or non-working. I describe the issues in great detail and many times even mention it in the title. Of all the items I have, I don’t want a damaged item back, and I want the buyer to know very clearly what is wrong with it.
By the way, these molds are really nice, and I know that they are very collectable even with the damage.
-
AuthorPosts