Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
07/06/2020 at 11:43 am in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 470: How Would You Start Your Business Today? #79135
Today, I picked up some empty boxes from a neighbor off a Facebook freecycling group. Her post started something like “Due to overly online shopping …”.
I listed 10 items this past week. I’m particularly happy about listing two large items that I didn’t manage to list earlier this year with the large item challenge.
I hope that both Amatino and Vintage Lacy are on the mend! Sending healing vibes across the country ….
I don’t have any Christmas items to list at the moment. I might be bidding in an online auction this week that would have Chanukah items. If I manage to buy them, will they count?
07/06/2020 at 10:04 am in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 470: How Would You Start Your Business Today? #79122For me, the July 4 week is usually a bit better than the rest of July. This week did not disappoint. I’m sure that the combined holiday and quarantine helped.
I’ll be packing up my weekend sold items and listening to the podcast now.
Week of June 28 – July 4
* Total Items in Store: 1257 eBay, 32 Etsy
* Items Sold: 16 eBay
* Cost of Items Sold: $23.20 + $21.40 Commission
* Total Sales: $420.38 eBay
* Highest Price Sold: $64 Antique French vermeil mortar or cup with handles
* Average price: $26.27
* Returns: 0
* Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $0
* Number of items listed this week: 1007/03/2020 at 9:51 pm in reply to: Sony Walkman, Pyrex Percolator Stem, Clock Radio, Starburst cocktail glasses #79057I haven’t had many really good the last two weeks, so I haven’t posted much. I’ll just mention one from last week. One of my colleagues from my previous job gave me a bunch of vacuum tubes to sell. Several were sitting in an empty model car box. Apparently, there is a market for these old boxes. I took an offer of $6.25. Obviously, this was not nearly my best sale, but it was kind of interesting.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184288628040Recently, I was surprised when eBay combined two items from one buyer through the global shipping program. This was maybe a month ago or so. In the past, I’ve had to do exactly as the rep told you, combine the items into one listing.
Maybe my buyer added the two into his or her cart, and then paid at one time? I really don’t know how it worked.
-
This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by
Sharyn.
Good to know! I’ve not had a reason to use their customer service.
The last several times I have purchased bubblewrap, I’ve used this company:
https://ghalys.com/Their price is the best I’ve seen, and I have not had any issues with their product. I’ve bought both the small and the large size bubblewrap.
We get wine delivered in cases to our house through one of those online services. The boxes come with top and bottom molded cardboard holders. I used those for my larger items to keep them from moving around.
I never thought about egg cartons, but that’s a great idea. I usually buy two dozen eggs from Costco that comes in a plastic container. I usually put them in the recycling bin, but now I’ll save them for packing.
I’ve used cardboard egg cartons to make firestarters using lint from the clothes dryer and melted candle wax, but I have enough for now.
I listed 10, which included items from my one death pile box. So, I’ve completed a box and I’m in for the June challenge!
Week of June 21 – 27
* Total Items in Store: 1262 eBay, 32 Etsy
* Items Sold: 14 eBay
* Cost of Items Sold: $15.27 + $15.68 Commission
* Total Sales: $223.10 eBay
* Highest Price Sold: $28 framed print
* Average price: $15.94
* Returns: 0
* Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $0
* Number of items listed this week: 10Slow week. My parents were in town, so I didn’t mind.
I’m late in posting. My parents are visiting, so we went for a two night AirBnB stay at the Jersey shore. I was at a loss at what to do with them for 6 days with almost everything closed, so I figured a short trip was in order. But, then I had to figure out what to do with them the rest of the time. It’s been a bit boring, but hopefully we will figure out something for tomorrow.
Week of June 14 – 20
* Total Items in Store: 1237 eBay, 32 Etsy
* Items Sold: 11 eBay
* Cost of Items Sold: $11.80 + $19.60 Commission
* Total Sales: $272.90 eBay
* Highest Price Sold: $80 Austin Production sculpture
* Average price: $24.81
* Returns: 0
* Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $0
* Number of items listed this week: 6Definitely a sudden reduction in sales, but expected. The sculpture is something that was sold and returned previously.
Over the past week, I had two cases open. One was closed by PayPal because it was covered under their seller protections. The other one was closed by the buyer. Not sure why because they said that they didn’t receive their package. Maybe their neighbor or spouse had it.
I listed six items. Three were clock radios from the death pile box challenge.
I have four more lined up and ready to go, and, if I get those up this week, I will have completed that box. I have my parents in town this week, so I’ll be happy if I can get that done!
06/17/2020 at 10:37 pm in reply to: Hull divided dish, Zenith recorder, Panapoint pencil sharpener, Drum machine #78539Steve – This must have been the week to sell traveling bars. Mine was a Trav-L Bar, but I only got $26 for it. Perhaps it was because it was missing a few things and had some wear. I paid about $4.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184233456610My biggest sale of last week was my second to last vintage Zenith Trans Oceanic radio from an auction buy back in September. This one was in decent condition and worked well. I was able to get $164 for it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184314737501I bought this vintage milliammeter in an online auction in February for $5.75. Sold for $35. I find that vintage tools sell pretty well for me especially something in such a nice wooden case.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184206664283I was almost embarrassed when I saw that this very small print sold for $84, but that was the price from my research. This was from a known artist of miniature art. I paid about $5.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184203826606Several years ago, my husband bought his brother’s old car when he moved to Las Vegas. It had these fancy Kosei rims, but two were damaged. My husband put the original rims back on and gave me the two non-damaged rims to sell. I had included shipping in the price because I didn’t want to put both in one box, so I had allocated up to $70. The buyer is in Virginia, so both packages together cost only $34. They sold for $135, so I’m pretty happy. The buyer sells rims, so hopefully he will get much more.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184003009047I had an excellent week with a large number of sales, several over $50, and very few on commission. My part time job was very busy until Wednesday, so getting packages out the door was not so easy. I took advantage of my two day handling time.
Then, on Sunday, it all stopped. I haven’t had a single sale through today so far. I actually appreciate the quiet at this point.
Week of June 7 – 13
* Total Items in Store: 1297 eBay, 32 Etsy
* Items Sold: 30 eBay
* Cost of Items Sold: $56.58 + $12.45 Commission
* Total Sales: $788 eBay
* Highest Price Sold: $165 Vintage Zenith Trans Oceanic radio
* Average price: $26.27
* Returns: 0
* Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $0
* Number of items listed this week: 0 -
This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts