Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
I listed 24 items – about twice my usual number. I guess the benefit from having very few sales. Four of the items toward the July challenge.
07/20/2020 at 11:31 am in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 472: Biggest Sale, Biggest Scavenge #79760Awesome sale! You guys should add it to your numbers unless it wasn’t part of last week?
I haven’t really had anything huge, but I’ve had a few items where I was very surprised at the value. Last week, I found that a glass bowl I bought in a box lot was from the 19th century. I’ve listed it at $129 with best offer. It came with a bunch of modern and vintage kitchen stuff. I’m pretty sure that the owner had no idea what it was.
Last week was very quiet for me, but I was able to list more since I had less to pack and ship.
Week of July 12 – 18
Total Items in Store: 1271 eBay, 35 Etsy
Items Sold: 12 eBay
Cost of Items Sold: $8.55 + $0 Commission
Total Sales: $208.71 eBay
Highest Price Sold: $22.50 Lot 22 American Rodder magazines
Average price: $17.39
Returns: 0
Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $0
Number of items listed this week: 24Why don’t you wait until the end of your subscription and change to the lower level store then? It will also give you some time to make sure you won’t end up with additional costs at the lower subscription level. You might want to change the category of some of your items.
For instance, if you put a serving plate in the Home & Garden category, you might want to change it to a similar section of the Collectable category. I’ve done this to avoid auction listing fees as the 500 included in my Premium account is only good for certain categories.
Aren’t many of your items clothing? If so, this new benefit might not help all that much.
07/15/2020 at 5:28 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 471: Building Equity, Our Free Scavenger Education #79628Week of July 5 – 11
* Total Items in Store: 1259 eBay, 35 Etsy
* Items Sold: 16 eBay
* Cost of Items Sold: $24.65 + $48.91 Commission
* Total Sales: $303.14 eBay
* Highest Price Sold: $46 Black Wedgwood Jasperware vase (commission)
* Average price: $18.95
* Returns: 0
* Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $121
* Number of items listed this week: 11Finally found enough items in two online auctions that sold at reasonable prices, although, not what I’m used to pre-COVID. The MaxSold pickup was done to all recommended practices; my local auction house, not so much.
I had my first sale with local pickup where I could scan the code to show the purchase was completed. I had a second one, but the buyer couldn’t find the code on his app. I had converted that one to local pickup after he accepted my offer, so I don’t know if that was the reason for not finding the code.
That makes sense and is what I thought. I’ve got a fused glass bowl with a menorah – that’s Chanukah. I’ve got three Jewish related prints in a frame, and, unless I find something specifically mentioned, it is not Chanukah.
Thanks!
07/13/2020 at 1:31 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 471: Building Equity, Our Free Scavenger Education #79545I had a claim denied early in the year as well. According to my buyer, they took the item into the post office for me, but they didn’t have the packaging. They denied the claim because they were not able to inspect the packaging!
I listed 11 items last week.
I picked up an auction win with some Chanukah stuff that I will focus on getting listed this week or next.
I have a question. Some things are definitely Chanukah, and some are Jewish stuff that I’d have to consider whether they are Chanukah or not.
So, if someone lists a decorative cross, rosary beads, or a Christian-themed print (no Santa, nothing specifically Christmas, etc), would it be considered Christmas? Would it count towards the challenge? If not, I’ll take that into consideration when I count my stuff for the challenge.
Thanks!
This is a great tip! So, can they do this even if they have already paid?
Usually, the shipping doesn’t change because the buyer just moved down the street or a town over.
07/10/2020 at 9:56 pm in reply to: Sunbeam percolator, Owl wall sculpture, Holley carburetor, Mid century art #79336More than two years ago, I bought a large auction lot of new, overstock books. Some went for very good money, but many were cheap books that I eventually donated. I saved a few titles that seemed to sell every once in a while. This past week, I sold my remaining stock of a book about a slave ship. Three books all went to different people. I assume it has to do with current events. Two of them went to Oregon, and I’m assuming there’s a book club somewhere. Each sold for $14, which includes shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184193580657Someone bought two of these ceramic bowl sets with plastic lids. Each set was $23, and I paid about $1 each. Both the books above and these bowls were from an auction that sells new overstock. I’ve stopped going because I’ve had some bad buys there, but you couldn’t tell from this week’s sales.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184233456445I have been selling jewelry on commission for from some time now. I had bought an assortment of different gift boxes, but I can only really use two of the sizes. I had 37 really small boxes left, which I sold for $16.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184346747416I purchased this vintage clock radio in nearly new condition in a radio purchase last year. It sold for $34. I paid less than $3 for each item.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184343836524Also from that purchase was my last Transoceanic radio sold in non-working condition for $40.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184301927257A year or so ago, I bought an auction lot of silver plate. I couldn’t figure out what this one item was, so I asked the forum here “what is this brass thing?”. Ends up, it’s an antique gold over silver mortar or cup with handles. I’m still learning. It sold at best offer of $64, and I paid about $2.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183828733325Several years ago, I went to one of these house tours where a group will bring in different designers to decorate different rooms, except these were different condos that were for sale. Then, they have tours and sell tickets where the proceeds go to charity. I also was given a coupon for a free fancy design magazine. I saved some of the issues and lotted them up for $32.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184233456558I have a friend who fell off his bike when a roaming neighborhood dog ran into him. And, this was after the owner was warned several times. He now has metal in his body. So, be extra careful about biking with dogs around.
I guess that’s one thing you can deal with considering the wonderful area it sounds like!
07/08/2020 at 8:35 am in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 470: How Would You Start Your Business Today? #79241Yes, I have used USPS tracking to get a package moving per a suggestion from another site. However, I did have one media mail item which has been lost or is still stuck.
I’ve never had the copycat issue, but I’ve heard that you can submit a VERO violation if somebody uses your photos. I’m not sure how to do that.
In Seller Help, select Need More Help, and go through the steps as you would for normal Customer Service.
I am in chat right now. You have to start in Seller Help rather than the regular Help & Contact. You start by going to the normal Customer Service, but then select Seller Help.
I checked mine, and I seem to be OK. I have three listings with only one photo because I had new, sealed DVDs, and I used eBay’s stock photos.
That issue was two years ago. I remember because we were in North Carolina on vacation, and I was trying to find time to figure it out and fix the issue. What a mess!
07/06/2020 at 11:51 am in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 470: How Would You Start Your Business Today? #79136For the lady moving to Norway, I have one suggestion. I was in Norway in the later 1990s for work. Due to an air traffic controller’s strike, I was not able to get on my original flight back home. I changed it to Copenhagen and took a small overnight cruise from Oslo to Copenhagen. I intentionally arranged for my flight to leave in the evening, so I was able to walk around Copenhagen for a good part of the day. I stopped in the Royal Copenhagen outlet store and purchased porcelain and other stuff for my family.
They had lots of discontinued stuff, seconds, and other discounts. Of course, it has been a few decades and things might be different, but what better excuse for a fun business trip? Some retail arbitrage might be in your future!
-
This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by
Sharyn.
-
This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts