Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
My library had a bunch of those great courses sets for $1 each. I passed on them because the sell through was sooooo bad.
Items in Store: 3143
Items Sold: 22
Total Sales: $832.00
COGS: $119.00
Total Profit: $713.00
Average profit: $32.41
Average sales price: $37.82
New Listings: 0
Items scavenged: 0
2024 weekly new listings Avg: 39
2024 avg gross weekly sales $1,620.63
2024 Avg weekly Items Sold 35
2024 ASP $46.24
2024 projected total sales $84,272.98What a rough week. I’ll chalk it up to the Southeast having shopping on ebay as the LAST thing on their minds, as well as election stress/burnout. Looking at my traffic metrics there was more than a 20% drop compared to the previous week. That’s a pretty severe drop off!
It was a busy week outside of ebay. I’ve also just not been “feeling it” when it comes to ebay. I did get back to my roots and clean a bunch of items like shoes and toys but didn’t get a chance to photograph them. It felt good to do a task I haven’t done much of in the last year or two. The rest of this month is pretty much a wash but I do hope to find some time to photograph this week and at least get all my drafts live.
Also of note, is anyone else getting a TON of late shipment defects from ebay? I ship on time (mostly) and use USPS ground advantage for most of my packages. Without fail, ground advantage is 1-3 (or more) days late. Even Priority is also a day late pretty often.
Keep an eye on your shipping metrics. If you’re getting a bunch of late shipment dings you can request to remove them here:
https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp/defect
I submitted 12 requests this morning for items I shipped on time but USPS delivered late and all were approved.
Premium Hoarder update:
Sold 4 items for $250.
Mid premium sales to match my low budget week. My kids like to call things “mid” or “low budget”. Their modern slang cracks me up.
Oh man this week SUCKED! My sales fell off a cliff. Here are the highlights.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266917452395
Nobull High Top Camo Mens Size 7.5 Sneakers Shoes Canvas Green
Nobull is a great BOLO shoe brand. Sold for full price to an overseas buyer.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266945982435
1979 Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet Monte Carlo Rookie Of Year NASCAR Action 1/24
Sold on offer for $45. I bought a big lot of Earnhardt die cast stuff at a yard sale this summer for $30 for the whole lot. I’m into the profit after selling 2 items so far.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266717050190
TOYOTA AVALON RADIO STEREO RECEIVER 09350209 00-04 CD Changer
Sold for full price. I picked this up at a thrift chain I don’t really like going to in Columbus. They’re super high priced, but I found 2 car head units there that I made great money on. This one and a BMW one I made over $200 on. I paid $12.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/267004498061
Lauren Ralph Lauren Lexington Men’s Windowpane Plaid Wool Blend Blazer 44R
This is a Ralph Lauren NWT jacket I actually got at Goodwill, NOT at the hoarder sale. Took an offer of $54 since I was so hungry for a sale.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266945985678
Rawlings Renegade Catchers Mitt Glove 32.5″ RCM325BB Left Hand Throw Black
Another item I took a lower offer on of $50 since I was desperate for sales. I picked this up at a yard sale where I bought 2 bats I’ve already sold along with this glove. Paid $10 for it.
Man ebay turned off the faucet on me this week. Sales took a nose dive overnight on Sunday. This week will not be good unless something drastic happens this weekend. I’ve only had 12 sales this week so far and they’re low dollar.
I don’t understand what in the world these smaller online markets are thinking with having the buyers pay the fees. That’s crazy!!!
If ebay execs have a single brain cell in their head they will jump ALL OVER this with advertisements saying “Come on over, we don’t charge you to shop at our site”.
The reality is that some bean counter at ebay will think “Hey, we can charge the buyer 5% extra too? SWEET! More profit!”
After all, you have to “be in alignment with current market practices”.
Items in Store: 3164
Items Sold: 45
Total Sales: $2,055.00
COGS: $209.00
Total Profit: $1,846.00
Average profit: $41.02
Average sales price: $45.67
New Listings: 0
Items scavenged: 4
2024 weekly new listings Avg: 40
2024 avg gross weekly sales $1,640.35
2024 Avg weekly Items Sold 35
2024 ASP $46.37
2024 projected total sales $85,298.20Not much ebay stuff went on this week. I kept my head above water on shipping – yay. No listing happened this week – a virus or something went through my house. I felt crappy all week and a couple of my kids had a 1 day virus. This weekend I barely did anything, much less ebay stuff. No listing or organzing this week. I don’t think I even created any drafts this week at work. I can’t even get help from my older kids as they have more going on than me. They’re finishing up their costumes for the convention they go to every year next week and also working on an even bigger haunted house than they had last year.
Maybe this week I’ll get something done other than shipping. Maybe not. We have alot going on the rest of this month so honey-do list takes priority. I did get a TV installed in the new passenger van. That was a stressful situation – drilling holes in a BRAND NEW very expensive vehicle’s head liner is terrifying. It went fine though – yay for TV!
Premium Hoarder update:
Sold 11 items for $1239.
I’m going on a few weeks without a big shoe sale. Thankfully this week I had a few big clothing sales. A $350 pair of Ralph Lauren Jeans saved my week.
No listing but still had a great week.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/267003979046
KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment Accessory White
One of the pieces from the Kitchenaide mixer lot I bought at Hoarder yard sale.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266992706196
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266886725393
Two of the higher end clothing items from hoarder collection that sold this week.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266920357747
Force Outboard Shop Manual 4-150HP (Includes L-Drives) 1984-1996 Clymer B751-3
A book I recently picked up at a yard sale for $1. I LOVE picking up old manuals for cars, boats, tractors, etc. They do quite well! Sold for full price.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266889515186
Josef Seibel Tina Equipe Congnac Lace Up Women’s Heels Shoes EUR 40 US 10
Sold on offer for $63. I’ll take that offer all day! Paid $5 at Goodwill. I don’t find this brand often but it always sells well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266925942952
Elgeet 12mm f/1.2 Cine Navitar Gold Band Wide Angle Lens C Mount
Another one of these old lenses sold. I soooooo wish these would have been in good condition.
I took an offer of $100. my list price was pulled out of thin air hoping for the best.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266822505065
VOLCOM WORKWEAR Men’s Chill Skate Composite Toe Work Shoes Black Size 11 W Dude
These were technically free. Every year my day job brings a work boot truck on site and they give us a voucher for free safety toe shoes. The catch is that only like 4 pair are “free” and our voucher knocks $100 off of any of the shoes that are higher end. I can’t wear any of the low end “free” shoes in the foundry and their “discounted” shoes are a ripoff. I always get the best pair I can in the free section and list them on ebay. I took an offer of $75 on these.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266920365273
PlayStation 2 PS2 Game Bundle Lot Of 8 Games GTA Pacman Splinter Cell SOCOM
Sold for full price. I have about $3 in these. My current method with video games when I get in a lot of them is to scan them in pricecharting to find the ones worth $10+. Anything less than that gets lotted up like these. I’ll also do case swaps if the cheap games have nicer cases.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266554104658
Vintage Rickie Freeman Teri Jon Green Skirt Long Jacket Suit Size 6
I’ve had this one listed for a while. Glad to be rid of it! Sold for full price. Nice!
I sometimes wonder how I would manage if I was full time ebay and didn’t have a day job. It’s even more complicated for me as I have a huge family and I would be around them constantly.
Alot of the tools I use now would still be applicable – working in focused spurts and accomplishing as much as I can in a short amount of time. For instance, the other day I needed to do something by a certain time so I went out to ship and literally set a timer for 20 minutes to get my task done (ship only the items due to ship that day). That timer kept a sense of urgency in play that kept me on task with a finish line in site.
Now when it comes to time off, that would be a hard one for me. If I didn’t have a family I know exactly what I would do – ebay. All the time. Sunup to sundown. No question in my mind. It would consume me. Having the limitations imposed by having a family makes me so much more efficient.
One thing I would recommend to you is to use the restrictions on your phone to lock the ebay app ( and any other time wasters) down when you are “off the clock”. Create a random password and print it out. Only look at it long enough to type it into the restrictions after setting your app off times so you can’t memorize it. Then lock that password away in a way that will make it painful to access, but still accessible if needed. Something like a piggy bank you have to physically destroy to get it out and will cost you money to replace.
I would need to do that even more along with a schedule. I can’t just tell my family I’ll be “on the clock for 8-10 hours.” There would be alot of breaks where I come in and help out where needed.
There would need to be several possible schedules – the minimum, optimal, and the “Whoo boy we got extra time today lets kill it!” schedules. Imposing deadlines, setting timers, reaching for metric goals are all tools to keep work time focused and productive.
I’ve had days where I go out to the garage without a set plan of action and I am pretty worthless – either standing around looking at stuff or get stuck on a google search tangent. I HATE those times but they happen.
TL:DR:
- Have a schedule of minimum required work each day
- Work in focused blocks towards a goal line.
- Have a work stoppage point each day that includes digital cutoff as well.
There used to be a guy on here named doublythumbs. He quit his day job and went full time ebay. I was a bit concerned as his weekly checkins it seemed like he lost a bit more focus and was doing less and less each week. That’s a bad place to be when you no longer have the day job to fall back on! He quit posting – I hope he figured things out.
Not alot of sourcing this week, but I did buy big items.
at one sale a guy was selling a ton of sporting goods. I was so excited to pull up and see the Jugs pitching machine…but not excited when I saw the $1800 price tag (actually not a bad price for this specific machine). I ended up buying a set of Softball catcher’s equipment, 2 sets of martial arts gear, and an awesome Ralph Lauren 2016 Olympics Hoodie for $50. I’ve sold these specific Martial arts gear bags before for $150 so this was a great pickup even if they are big items.
That’s pretty much all for ebay I picked up, though at another sale I picked up a like new Cozy Coupe pickup truck for my kids for $7. If you have kids you know these are CRAZY expensive. We did an outdoor movie Saturday night and 3 of my kids sat in their cozy coupe’s to make it a drive in movie. LOL!
You have an amazing system where you are sourcing exclusively online, and you have a super high STR. You can literally live anywhere! I can’t wait to hear about a potential move to a new place.
week Sept 23-29
Items in Store: 3202
Items Sold: 38
Total Sales: $1,707.00
COGS: $190.00
Total Profit: $1,517.00
Average profit: $39.92
Average sales price: $44.92
New Listings: 50
Items scavenged: 0
2024 weekly new listings Avg: 41
2024 avg gross weekly sales $1,629.72
2024 Avg weekly Items Sold 35
2024 ASP $46.39
2024 projected total sales $84,745.33LOL, I now look at $1700 in sales as a “disappointment”. CRAZY! $90k in sales is still a possibility, but unless things go crazy in Q4 I don’t think $100k is possible. I don’t think I’ll average $2800 per week in Q4… $2000? For sure. I predict I’ll average around $2400-2500 over the last 13 weeks of the year which will put me in the ballpark of $95k in gross sales.
This week the weather was poor. No yard sales and no scavenging. I spent alot of time on inventory control and cleaning up my garage office. It’s….better. I’m still a loooong way from where I want to be in my space.
Premium Hoarder update:
Sold 6 items for $610.
I only sold 1 pair of used shoes. I still have alot of high dollar items to list over the next month.
I did hit a few milestones recently. I crossed $50k sales minus fees, and $30k total profit after COGS.
My total COGS on this haul reached $19601 after what I bought this last haul 2 weeks ago.
Week Sept 16-22
Items in Store: 3190
Items Sold: 45
Total Sales: $2,366.00
COGS: $299.00
Total Profit: $2,067.00
Average profit: $45.93
Average sales price: $52.58
New Listings: 32
Items scavenged: 42
2024 weekly new listings Avg: 41
2024 avg gross weekly sales $1,627.68
2024 Avg weekly Items Sold 35
2024 ASP $46.44
2024 projected total sales $84,639.58It was a fairly uneventful week. I created some listings, did some cleaning/organizing, and went to yard sales. I only bought one single thing at regular yard sales (more on yard sales in the hoarder update below).
During weekdays I don’t get much done other than shipping since I’m selling so much. I do create drafts at work on break/lunch but not much time to photograph – mainly due to my VERY unorganized work space right now. I just don’t have the time to really dig into it. I’m reaching critical mass and HAVE to do a major cleanup in the near future. Thankfully this horrible heatwave looks to be ending this week.
I found a deal to get a new iphone 12 for $75 via slickdeals.net. It should arrive today. This phone will only be used for ebay photography so my older kids can get back to listing/photography. Hopefully I can get 10-20 items a week out of them going forward. Something’s better than nothing when it comes to clothing death piles!
Premium Hoarder update:
Sold 13 items for $1370.
Some good sales this week. I appreciate hoarder weeks like this but I’m also glad I’ve built up my store so I don’t always have to rely on these items. They did another yard sale yesterday and I stopped by. I didn’t really expect to buy anything, but…I had to make a run to the bank. LOL! I bought a few pieces of clothes that I passed on last time, a couple odds n ends I missed before. Now, there IS stuff they’ve never brought out yet. This time they brought out his sunglasses collection for me. This was a minefield as there were clearly fakes littered throughout. I was very hesitant to buy anything but I did buy some. Since I’ve developed a good relationship with this seller I can take my time researching and be transparent about my process. That makes decision making much easier! I bought all of the Porsche designs glasses as they all appear to be real. I only bought 2 pair of Ray-bans that appeared real – multiple fakes in this brand. Some odds n ends brands. The highlight was a pair of Louis Vuitton glasses that are definitely real and sell for $700+. The Tom Ford and Versace glasses looked pretty fake to me. There was also a Gucci pair where the case was definitely real but the glasses were likely fake. I don’t think those glasses belonged to that case. I couldn’t find the pair that did unfortunately. I also bought a Louis Vuitton Clutch bag there at the end that she brought out special for me. Another big chunk of the COGS was a like new Kitchenaid mixer with a bunch of new attachements for $175. So I added $840 to my COGS for the hoarder collection. Next spring they’ll have some more for me. There’s still some golden goose eggs hidden in there they haven’t decided to part with yet.
This week when I started looking at these glasses in more detail I was shocked to find the pair of Cartier vintage sunglasses I picked up are worth $1000! They are from 1988 and are gold plated. When I initially saw them I was willing to take a risk, assuming they might be fake. They’re real alright! That was a shocking surprise that made this pickup even better.
I could have swore I saw a post by Steve that he was retiring, so he may not sell anymore.
Ryanne was always the one who posted his vids and she is never here anymore since she’s running her coffee empire. Lol!
Jay is barely here and is clearly too busy to be but he thankfully keeps the lights on and does his numbers.
I think we all know the end is nigh…
https://www.ebay.com/itm/267001003863
Croscill Aurelio Queen Comforter Set 3 Pc Blue Tapestry Floral
Paid $20. Took an offer of $140 as I want to move this huge item as quickly as possible.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/267002809970
Polo Ralph Lauren Cardigan Cable Knit Linen Silk Men’s 3XB NWT Ivory
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266606424427
Polo Ralph Lauren Pants Mens 42×32 Green Military Surplus Cargo Utility Outdoors
Two nice high dollar hoarder items that sold this week.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266965923006
Beaver Fur Vintage Womens Coat 35″ Chest
Another one of the coats my kids 100% listed. This had sat for probably 5 years in a wardrobe unlisted. Sold for $65 on offer.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/267001443943
HVAC HVACR Journeyman Training Course Heating Air Conditioning Technician DVD
Picked this up at a yard sale for $1 on a hunch. It sold in 2 days for full price.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266416051785
HARRY POTTER & THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX 35mm Film Trailer SCOPE w/ Fred Claus
It’s been a while since I sold one of these movie trailers. Sold on offer for $75. I have less than $1 in it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266681213498
A while back I got a huge bag of moto X figures from Goodwill. This is one I cherry picked from the lot. Sold for full price. I had like $5 in the whole bag and I’ve made hundreds so far.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266821456701
Cliff Keen CK Adult Wrestling Headgear Black Adjustable
This was a throw in item when I bought a boxed pair of high end wrestling shoes at a yard sale for $20. Sold this on offer for $10. The shoes sold a while back for $80.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266530661119
Armorex FR Pants Shirt Set XL Men’s 38×32 17.5-02 Blue ATPV 8.7 Westex Ultrasoft
Always give fire rated clothing a look-see when you come across it. It can be worth big bucks!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266895216684
RailDriver Desktop Cab Controller RD-91-MDT-A
Took an offer of $120. Paid $3 at a yard sale this summer. Score!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266560221812
Disney Pixar Cars Maters Tall Tales Paddy O’ Concrete Monster Truck Vehicle Toy
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Pixar Cars/Planes are BOLO!
Sold for full price $20. I have way less than $1 in this one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/266955785371
Jurassic Park 3D Board Game The Lost World 1996 Milton Bradey 99% Complete
Sold on offer for $35. There just wasn’t enough demand to part it out.
“Pocket Pool” here in USA, but same difference. LOL!
No scavenging for me this week. The whole weekend was rained out so no yard sales. I actually did go to two Goodwills but bought nothing. I mean it when I say I only want high value desirable items.
-
AuthorPosts