Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
08/05/2020 at 12:20 am in reply to: ebay managed payments & GoDaddy Bookkeeping – good news I hope #80375
One more issue surfaced today in my first GSP sale since getting onto Managed Payments.
These are the 4 income line items that came up for this one transaction:
Not only should Import Charges and Shipping Intermediation Fee absolutely NOT be reported as my income since I never even see this money, but the Shipping Charges line item includes both the shipping money I get ($7.96 in this case) AND the shipping money that I never see, b/c it goes to ebay/GSP/Pitney Bowes.
Anybody else experiencing this issue?
I have filed a case with GDBK, and encourage others to do so as well. As soon as I can get up the motivation, I’m also going to forward a list of all of these issues to the ebay for business facebook folks, b/c this is mostly ebay’s fault for sending over this information erroneously. I’m betting GDBK can fix all this very quickly once they are getting the right data.
There shouldn’t be a problem with GoDaddy and PayPal. I suggest opening a support case with GoDaddy. Donald (the guy who always seems to respond to mine) is typically very helpful.
I don’t have a lot of accounts to sync (just PayPal so far, and now Wells Fargo for Managed Payments), and it’s worked very well for me for the last few years. Just hoping the Managed Payments related issues get fixed soon.
My best recent free score was a black watch plaid Pendleton wool shirt in great condition. Free pile at the side of the road. My best recent score overall was a cobalt blue Heath teapot for $30.
It takes 2-3 days (could be business days) from the time the buyer pays to get that money in a payout. Plus there are no payouts on weekends – at least there haven’t been for me. So if you’re getting your first payout tomorrow, looks like everything is going as expected, and if you sell something every day, you should get another payout the next day.
https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/subscriptions-and-fees.html#m22_tb_a2__2
A Basic store gives you more than just more free listings. You also get $100 worth of free shipping supplies per year, Final Value Fees are a tiny bit lower than with a Basic store, and you get Terapeak.
Yes, that’s exactly how it works.
interesting – hadn’t thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion!
I’ve been in Managed Payments for over a week now. I have not received any notes like that.
07/31/2020 at 2:59 pm in reply to: Managed Payments: Paying for shipping with a credit card – how? #80215OldDad,
Thanks for the tip. Is your PayPal account a “business” account by any chance? B/c when I click on the link you provided, it just takes me to the regular home/summary screen. Of course there is also a big button that says “upgrade to business account” – are there any cons to doing that, if that’s the issue here?
07/31/2020 at 1:15 pm in reply to: Managed Payments: Paying for shipping with a credit card – how? #80211OK, I now see that when I am going to pay for a shipping label, I can choose between paying via pending payouts or a PayPal account. So I suppose if I empty my PayPal account, then it will charge my credit card. This is kind of the same as before, except that it is easier to keep the PayPal account empty now that ebay isn’t depositing money in there anymore.
Kind of strange that PayPal is the only option, since I thought the idea was to get rid of PayPal-specific stuff in ebay, but this should work.
Hopefully my answering my own question will be helpful to someone else.
It’s happening everywhere now. I’ve had more such cases in the last couple of months that in the entire last 3-4 years.
07/30/2020 at 1:07 pm in reply to: ebay managed payments & GoDaddy Bookkeeping – good news I hope #80196Retro – I recommend you submit a support request so that GDBK knows that more people see this as an issue. I submitted this yesterday but have not heard back yet.
https://help.bookkeeping.godaddy.com/hc/en-us
So I just tried the bulk printing way, and those look more like invoices (and are called that in the UI except in one place) and not at all like the nicer looking packing slips I’m used to using. My request to ebay is to allow bulk printing of packing slips.
Right – The problem is that discrepancy in terminology and layout, not that you can print different ways. Different ways is great – I may try the other way now and see if that works better for me – I hadn’t realized you could do that outside of bulk shipping.
But I actually do see the two addresses on the individual packing slips that I print – not sure why they’re not coming up for Margana. Yet another reason for ebay to do some cleanup work before adding new features.
07/30/2020 at 12:39 pm in reply to: ebay managed payments & GoDaddy Bookkeeping – good news I hope #80193Update from Donald of GDBK re: the FVFs, and it’s not great news.
Recently (July 21, 2020), eBay has made a change to the way they account for your eBay fees. Rather than receiving a lump-sum payment for your fees, eBay Managed Payments is now deducting these fees directly from the transaction.
Due to these changes, we are no longer receiving these fees through eBay’s API. We are in talks with eBay to see if this can/will be reverted to how we were sent data previously, or if they are going to start including these fees through their API so we may download them.
We don’t, however, have an ETA on if/when this will occur. Our apologies as we understand that having all of your fees is crucial to proper bookkeeping.
-
AuthorPosts