Forum Replies Created
I have never heard or thought of checking #sold vs #selling – great tip, thanks! I have been slowly training myself to pass on items that will sell for less than $30, and it’s definitely resulted in increased profits. But since it’s not always practical/possible to do ebay lookups while scavenging, I still end up with some lower value items, which mostly I’ve been trying to sell anyway. That may be a mistake, I don’t know.
I went to a thrift store in a new town yesterday and found a thick wool bus conductor’s coat from the London Country Buses line, which operated from 1970 to 1986. There’s nothing like it online, and I have no idea if and how much it will sell for, but it’s just so cool! I paid $10 for it.
Which reminds me that I recently passed on a like new vintage Amtrak conductor’s lined trench coat – I regret that one.
I think this is what you are referring to.
I’m not seeing that problem.11/03/2016 at 2:51 am in reply to: What Sells On eBay: Grumbacher Paint Set, Vintage Panasonic Tape Player, Neon Hunting Vest #4841
paid $15 at a thrift store, listed for $99, sold for $65 BO + $30 shipping
magic mushroom finished crewel embroidery
paid 50c at yard sale (I talked them down from 75c lol), sold for $55
vintage scottish cashmere sweater
paid 50c at rummage sale, sold 2 hours after listing for $3711/03/2016 at 2:41 am in reply to: What Sells On eBay: Grumbacher Paint Set, Vintage Panasonic Tape Player, Neon Hunting Vest #4840
LOVE the clickable links! Thanks J&R!
If this is now the place to keep a running tab of suggestions/feedback, here are mine all in one place:
1) I *love* the super-thin font. So easy to read.
2) I really like the clean and more compact format of the https://community.getbeans.io/ forum that Jay mentioned. Also like the “multiple pages” feature that they have, where replies to a post get split into multiple pages once there are a lot of them. This might obviate the need for a “newest comments” link, but I’m not sure.
3) Still really hoping that you will add a Like (but not Dislike) button.
4) Would like not to be left at the very top of a post page after I reply to a reply that’s far down the page.
5) Would like the option of getting email notifications of any nested replies to my reply, but not necessarily for all other replies to the post. This might be overkill in some forums, but SL reply streams (in the Podcast Comments category) tend to be very long because tons of people will post their numbers in a single post, and while I don’t want to be emailed every time someone else posts their numbers, I do want to know if someone replies to my posting of my numbers, or to my “what sold” posting.
Of course, over all, this new forum is fantastic! So grateful for J&R and everything they do.
Another forum feedback point: When I finish typing a reply to a reply that is far down the list of replies, it always brings me back up to the top of page to the original post, instead of leaving me where I was.
Thanks for all this info about foam insulation, Mike. There are some areas in my house that may need to be better insulated, and this looks like a good option to consider.
I think I may start adding a Gross Profit per item metric to my weekly numbers. Gross profit = Sales price – COGS. So this week Gross Profit per item is $307/8 = $38. I am very happy with that number; I hope I can stay that high consistently. I guess we’ll see.
looks cool. thanks for letting us know. I want to try it sometime.
Total Items in Store: 225
Items Sold: 8
Total Sales: $368
Highest Price Sold: $129 Ralph Lauren King Comforter ($30 thrift store)
Average Price Sold: $46
Returns: 1 (for size, buyer pays shipping)
GSP: 1 to Canada
Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $5 for a vtg camel hair robe
Number of items listed this week: 8
First sale over $100! I think it may also be my highest ASP ever. Also my first sale of a wall decor item – vtg finished crewel embroidery.
Definitely a decent week, though it’s definitely slowed down from the previous weeks in terms of sales volume.
I love the new forum!! Thanks J&R!
I forgot to mention that I love the nice super-thin-lined font that you chose.
J & R: Would you consider making the font a little bigger for the text and headings of posts? While I realize that I have some control over the font size displayed by my browser (I can make everything bigger or smaller), the thing is that I don’t want to make ALL of the font sizes bigger. For example, the font size of “Recent Posts” (heading AND items) on the right size of the page is great – I don’t want that to become any bigger. Also the title of this thread “Okay, so what do you think …” is already plenty large.10/31/2016 at 2:07 am in reply to: What Sells on eBay: Free antlers and they sold the same day #4500
woohoo! I got in. I love the the rustic wood background of this page. Looking forward to posting last week’s numbers on the new site, but I think I’ll wait until J&R post theirs first.