Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Ooh – I love your flat graph – thanks for sharing! Anybody else?
FWIW, there is more than one kind of conspiracy theorist, Jay 🙂
The first kind are the angry, capital-C Conspiracy theorists who think eBay is evil and out to screw them. I belong the second group, the capital-T conspiracy Theorists, always trying to figure out the secret algorithm in the black box and what contortions to go through to get around it. We’re not angry, but rather just worried/anxious (when sales are down) and maybe sometimes over-think things instead of just listing.🙂
Here’s the graph of my # of daily impressions for the last few months. How does the shape of this graph compare with yours? I sell 80-90% clothing, including vintage. A lot of long tail stuff.
In this scenario, eBay is the store that is in the re-order business. At least that’s how I think about it.
03/02/2017 at 5:08 pm in reply to: What Sells On eBay: Organ parts, trucker wallet, video monitors, 70's flip date, hurricane lamp, amps, turntable #13700omg – those cookie lamps are AWESOME! Fantastic find and sale.
I agree with you – I can never find the button myself when I’m shopping.
Good to hear that it’s better for mobile.Thank you Terri! I think that must be it. I looked up “soutache” and the pictures of it look very similar to this.
I love learning all these cool terms!
Cool! Thanks!
That is going to be a big helpJo,
Is there an easy way to do online translation for character-based languages like Japanese and Chinese, where inputting the text to be translated is the big challenge (at least for me)?thanks for this info! I had no idea.
>it’s always more work then you think.
Yes, and it’s TONS & TONS more work than other (non-reseller) people think. 50% seems more than fair to me. To help justify to any relatives, maybe give an example of time spent on an item. Something like “I may spend 1-2 hours researching an item that ends up selling for only $20. That’s much less than minimum wage.”
If you have an hesitation about doing it, try to find them a dealer that they could just bring the whole stack to to sell.
Another thought: very often the time we spend researching an item is an investment in the future – it means less time to research similar items we may sell in the future. After you go through this stack and list it, you will be an expert. If you plan to resell this type of item in the future, then it’s time well spent. But if it’s just a one-time thing, it may not be a good investment of your time.
Those are just the thoughts that came to my mind when I read your post.
Good luck!
I can help some translations if you need. For example, the green pin says “Hermitage” in Russian and refers to the museum. Here are some for sale just like it:
The one with the monkey playing the drum says “circus”.
The one below the monkey says Historical Architectural Museum-Monument. Pictured is a church. I can’t quite make out the name of it on the bottom b/c it is partially blocked. I don’t understand the words in the middle of the pin.
Let me know if you want any more.
Maybe I’ll put “natural fibers, possibly wool” or something like that.
thanks!
Thanks!
Why do you say that it doesn’t make sense?>Should I just stay quiet and see if she opens a case now?
That’s what I would do. The only other option I see is to offer a partial refund, but if the listing described the problems she is complaining about, I wouldn’t do that.
Good luck.
Cool. that’s what I thought. thanks! I just got a little confused after seeing this Ask Andy post, where I see wrinkles in the creases in a pair of similar shoes that the experts have said IS shell cordovan.
(ignore the link in the very first reply you see, just scroll down to the inline photos)
https://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?100929-Everybody-s-favorite-game-Shell-or-Not-Shell-(Warning-Big-Pics)/page95 -
AuthorPosts