Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
While I can’t comment on the belt condition, being organized with larger amounts of similar items can make a huge difference when searching for an item during shipping, as I am sure everyone knows. I have over 100 t-shirts and I try to keep the number of shirts in one bin to 20-30. I do not organize by color since I can spot the 4-5 white shirts in a bin of 20 various colors faster than looking for a single white shirt in a box of white shirts. The same could apply to belts. Don’t keep all the brown belts together, mix them up. In terms of bin location, I label my bins A1, B1, C1….. and then just keep a spreadsheet with the bin number. When a shirt sells, I look at my spreadsheet and then go right to that bin.
Wanted to say hello to a fellow PA scavenger! I’m just outside of State College and have family in Gibsonia.
I love looking at the fee illustrator. It gives me a great idea of when to make the move up to a bigger store level.
02/01/2017 at 5:02 pm in reply to: What Sells On eBay: Stetson Fedora, Leather Messenger Bag, Doc Marten Mary Janes, Bentwood Box #11601Just two sales this past week, but good ones for me.
This silver plated pitcher I got at my first auction last March. I had stepped off to the side and my mom ended up bidding on it for me. It came with a coffee pot that I sold early on. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-WM-Rogers-Son-Victorian-Rose-Water-Pitcher-1917-Silverplate/252386075285
This watch was an attempt at pay more for higher sales and after a few months I took a best offer about 40% off where I started. I like the idea behind buying big ticket items, but selling the watches I got has been a learning experience to say the least. I’ll be happy when the 30 days after sale happens with no issues. Lots of stress for my small store. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Invicta-Reserve-Collection-14308-Bolt-Zeus-SW500-Automatic-Swiss-Movement-Steel/252638155697
Mike, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t SixBit a desktop app for Windows? I know that has been a limiting factor for many Mac users in the past, but I know there are a few ways around that with some Virtual Machine type apps that will put a Windows machine on the Mac. I’ve looked into some of them, but I’m just not at the listing level to need anything more than eBay, especially when considering cost. I’d be happy to hear future updates of your use and the linking to Etsy is also a nice point of consideration as well. At some point during 2017, I will be at a volume where it will likely make financial sense.
01/31/2017 at 7:30 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 295: The Challenges of Changing Your Strategy #11530Pending sale update: The buyer paid! $500 Invicta watch heading to Italy through GSP. I’ll add this sale to this week’s report next Monday so net profit to come! This was part of my “pay more for higher sales” experiment, but I think I’m done buying high end watches for a while. Just not my thing and I didn’t like having the money tied up. I have one more left from the 3 I got, but this one was the most expensive.
Found one!
The one I have is much less faded. But at least I have a starting price point! Thanks!
It is a heavy cotton long sleeve polo like the one in the listing you have just a solid black. I’m leaning more to authentic based on what I’m reading about the inner label backing. All the stitching is on point. I think I’ll price high and see what I can get since it does seem to be an uncommon style. Really nice shirt I found on the $0.25 rack!
01/30/2017 at 7:23 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 295: The Challenges of Changing Your Strategy #11438Store info (main/t-shirt/postcard)
Items listed: 172/112/10
Sales: 1 (not including pending sale)/0/0
COGS: $1.50
Sales price + shipping: $23.07
Net Profit: $11.69
Returns: 0
International: 1 Pending
New listings: 7/7/0
Spent on new inventory: $23.00 – 2 thrift stops and a small bulk lot at the University Surplus store.I have a pending sale through GSP for a high end watch I took an offer on. Buyer messaged shortly after I accepted the offer and asked to pay on the 1st so I’m waiting to see what comes of it. They seem to buy watches often and has good feedback and since it is a $500 sale, I am going to be patient on this one.
I had to chuckle at the discussion about the reno work and how you guys had differing opinions on what phase you guys are in at hanging drywall. We are almost done with floors and there is so much more than just lightbulbs after for us, but such is the case with new construction. It should move much faster for you guys!
Despite having enough inventory for now, I made some thrift store stops out of town since I was in the area for some house stuff. I found some good deals and it was nice to get a few things. Hopefully they translate into some good sales.
It is the Blue POLO by Ralph Lauren tag with the size on a smaller tag on the right hand side and the made in and 100% cotton tag off the bottom. I checked out the back of the neck tag and it seems to have the threading like true RL tags have. I’m thinking it is a real RL shirt, just maybe just a limited run. It has the velour collar trim, heavy cotton fabric, the back hem isn’t past the front, the seams are all well done and the stitching is on point. I just want to be careful with it since I’d hate to get a VeRO hit.
Reverse image search seems to yield some Japanese sites selling the shirt, but that is all I can find. Wondering if it is a knockoff.
Did you contact the post office to report it lost after the refund? They may be able to catch it and return it to you. Not sure how that lost then found thing works.
I find it harder to say no to a quick thrift shop stop than an auction. I justified stopping at two yesterday on the grounds that they were far from home and since I was already going that way for another task, I might as well stop and then use the travel as a mileage right off. You did better on number of items! I spent about $20 on 11 and haven’t listed anything yet. That is a great potential return on your buys and congrats on getting the kitchen counter clear and other stuff organized.
Yesterday I started a listing on my phone, saved it, made changes on my Mac, went back to the phone to add photos, then back to the Mac to preview and list. One hiccup I found was that the auto fill weight for shipping was set at 11 lbs on the phone. I changed the shipping type, weight, and dimensions on the Mac before adding the last photos. When I went back to list on the Mac, the phone draft had “reset” the weight back to 11 lbs which threw an error for first class shipping. I’m not sure why just that one detail would revert between the platforms.
I will offer parcel post on items over 1 lb and then upgrade to priority since the discount had often dropped the cost for me below what the customer paid for parcel post. I say it had been less because I’m not sure what the new rates and reduced discounts will be like. I never mention it to the customer. Most don’t notice, but I do receive a few positive feedback stating fast shipping. I figure it is a win-win in that the customer gets the item a few days sooner, I show lower shipping costs on my listing, and I then get the insurance on my items. This has also saved me a few times when I underestimated on weight and need to bump up to the next pound. The discount had offset the loss for the most part.
For me, I see this as a similar method when a seller offers a flat rate on shipping.
-
AuthorPosts