Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
We have an LG frontloader that has done well for us over the last 6 years. I think we get good volume of clothing in and things get clean. I don’t know the model number and it probably has been changed since then anyway. We got ours from the scratch and dent section at a local appliance store.
That is a great sale! Congrats!
Thanks for the warning!
Nice sale! I am an LL Bean fan as they make some good quality clothing.
02/07/2017 at 9:41 am in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 296: Are You Keeping Up With Your Inventory System? #11956Trying this for the third time since my post from home seems to be vanishing.
main/t-shirt/postcard
Items in store: 170/113/10
Items Sold: 4/1/0
Total Sales: $530.49/$20/$0
COGS: $258.27/$0
High items: $500 Invicta watch/$20 vtg. 1990 Rickey Henderson Oakland A’s t-shirt
Total Profit: $163.16/$14.55
International: 1- Watch to Italy
Returns:0
New listings: 4/2/0
Spent on new stuffs: $14.49Watch was sold last week on Best Offer, but customer asked to hold off payment until this week and did so promptly when he said he would. COGs is high on that and my net profit on this spend more for nicer things experiment is about $150. I’m in no rush to repeat this level of paying up as it was more stress than necessary and I am happy to focus on finding the $50 items that are just a few $$’s.
The house project is moving along and we are trying to get the occupancy permit by March 1st. Part of the post move-in project list is my eBay storage area in the basement. I have my shelving area designed and will get a space for shipping. I’ll be using storage bins labeled to track the inventory against a spreadsheet.
Made a bet on the “sportsball” game and picked up an Atlanta Falcon’s Reebok Polo shirt from Goodwill on Sunday for $4.49. Got it listed during the game when they were far ahead. I went to bed, woke up to see the Patriots had won the game. Oh, well, it is a nice shirt and will sell. Maybe they will make another run next year!
02/06/2017 at 3:34 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 296: Are You Keeping Up With Your Inventory System? #11904Ebay has a fee illustrator I like to play around with to decide where I need to be before I jump into the next level of store. I have a basic store now and I think I need nearly 450 with about 50+ sales a month before the move makes sense. Could be a good place to keep track of where you are: http://www.fees.ebay.com/feeweb/feeillustrator#
I often do the same in terms of offering Parcel Post first and using my discount to upgrade to priority.
02/06/2017 at 11:51 am in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 296: Are You Keeping Up With Your Inventory System? #11867I had to look up a similar regulation for some cap gun caps. Here is the link:
http://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52apxc_015.htm
I think they want it to go ground mail. I never listed the caps because I don’t know just what is in them. I know a few others have actually shipped matches before so they could share how they did it. If I do list the caps, I will only offer ground shipping.
02/06/2017 at 10:20 am in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 296: Are You Keeping Up With Your Inventory System? #11839What online auction site do you use? Do you do local pickup or have items shipped? I do local pickup for an auction house that uses Proxibid.com, but I’m always looking for additional sites.
Sounds just like my mornings! Coffee and packing or coffee and internet for an hour. My sales volume is still low so I pack in the morning, but once I get more sales, I’ll switch to doing it at night and then catching things in the morning if need be.
That is pretty funny cause my go to auctioneer will hold an item out of a large lot if someone asks. They also will throw extras in during the bidding. I ended up with about 6 smaller rugs for $2 because they just kept putting them on the pile.
I have two local auctioneers I frequent. One is a live auction and the other is done online. Knowing the auctioneer and the staff has been helpful. The auctioneer at the live auctions is actually a family friend and our sons are in cub scouts together. They do start to look to you when they know you. I’d like to think they also don’t hold out the final bid like some auctioneers do just for my sake, but they move pretty quick with every lot. There are a lot of regulars at his events. As for the online auction, I have given my card to some of the staff since they tend to help go through and remove non-sale items like shoes and clothing. They know I buy and said they would try and help me out. Nothing has come of that yet, but I’m okay with it and will work on it more this year.
I may look into doing that for some of my larger items. Plus, it will help protect them during storage.
That is why I check my phone before getting in the shower. I have a few items that will take a little bit longer than the quick 10 min. I typically have about an hour and a half between when I get out of the shower to when I head out the door so, for me, the buffer is there in time, but I think if I was always rushing to get out the door, I wouldn’t offer the 1 day shipping.
I’m on the East Coast and work for a traditional job M-F. I typically just factor in a few minutes each morning for packing since I offer the 1 day shipping. My normal routine already has some downtime built in so I just check my phone for sales before I hop in the shower. If I sold something the prior day/evening, I just use my downtime to get the item(s) packed up. I then drop them into my oversized mailbox on my way out or swing by the post office on my way into the office if the package doesn’t fit into the mailbox. This would be MUCH more stressful if I was go-go-go in the morning. Yesterday I mailed out two packages and it took a whole 20 min which doesn’t impact my morning schedule.
-
AuthorPosts