Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
01/25/2017 at 8:30 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 294: Finding the Valuable Caches and Going All In #11176
Here is a cache for any clothing sellers in the NY Area:
This seller has 2000 or so New Old Stock 1970’s Disco style shirts they are selling as one lot for $10,000. Way outside my price point and listing ability right now. The seller claims that they sell for anywhere between $40 to $120 in vintage boutiques and currently are not on the Amazon/Ebay/Etsy markets in mass, if at all. Research would have to be done on that claim.
I’d do it if I was farther along in my selling and had the capital to invest. The pictures of the shirts they have are so vintage 70’s fugly they are absolutely awesome!
I agree with Ryanne. I have a non-store account and I had to switch to the Advanced lister to get all the options. I can offer two different shipping methods on those listings under the advanced option.
01/23/2017 at 12:09 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 294: Finding the Valuable Caches and Going All In #10963Yes, congrats on the healthy lifestyle changes and the resulting weight loss!!!
01/23/2017 at 10:18 am in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 294: Finding the Valuable Caches and Going All In #10946Store info for the week:
(Main/T-shirt/Postcard)
Items in store: 168/106/10
Items Sold: 2/1/1
COGS: $10/$0.49/$0.10
Total Sales Price + collected Shipping: $68.60/$12.99/$6.49
Top Sale: $43.99 NWT Thirty-One Bag/Polo by RL Shirt/RPPC Muir Woods CA
Net Profit: $32.96/$7.33/$4.75 = $45.04
International: 0
Returns: 0
New Listings: 1/20/0
Spent on new inventory: $10.39 on shirtsBetter week than last week which I’m glad for. Making an effort to put aside more time for listing. T-shirts are still the easiest to get up, but I also need to work on the main store backlog. Taking some time tonight to photograph and make sure I have my listed items stored and not randomly stuck around the house. Other than the t-shirts and postcards, my inventory is pretty scattered and I’m the only one who knows where I put stuff. I started off with a spreadsheet and labeled tubs for the t-shirts to make locating them easier. I’m going to start something similar with the other hard goods.
My scavenge of the week for was Free tickets to the PSU Men’s Hockey Game on Saturday night. Since they scored a goal, a local deli shop offers free 9″ subs with a game ticket so lunch today will be free subs for me and the hubby!
Yeah, I got zinged by the increase this morning. I offer free shipping on my t-shirts since they are mostly under the 8 oz weight. That rate was up $.17 so not much, but when the package comes up at 8.4 oz, the overall increase and then additional cost was a bit of an “Oh crap” moment. I am contemplating charging a flat $1.50 shipping fee for my listings at this point.
I’d like to say I still have a few hours left today, but I see it all going to the house. I met my goal of 20 shirts in the one store and then only got 1 item listed in the main store, not 5 like I had as my goal. I will see if I can squeak out another listing tonight. No postcards done despite doing nothing but watching shows on Hulu for most of yesterday. Just didn’t have it in me mentally to go work on the house or list, those days happen so I just try to regroup the next day if I can and move forward.
Got another 11 shirts today for this week. I counted up what I have on hand already and if I do another 20, I was going to be short. I figured since I met the one goal, I wouldn’t really be contributing to the pile in the long run.
Goals for the coming week: 5 items in Main store, 20 shirts in second store, 10 postcards in the third account. Sold a postcard today so that is a plus!
Happy listing to everyone!
Awesome sale! Those were a very nice pair!
The good news is with the sleeve logos, you are looking at a shirt that was likely licensed as those companies are the game makers and the publisher. From what I can tell, this is the front cover graphic of the PC Game that was released in 2005. For pricing, I’d say shoot for the moon and go high. Most of the new shirts for the second game are listed for $20-$30 new, but you have the original version with the maker and publisher logos. I think my strategy would be to price high and see what kind of traction I got. If it doesn’t sell, start accepting offers. Or you can do an auction and start it at a higher price. I personally am not a gammer, but I know quite a few and they are game loyal for many of these MMPRP Games.
I thought it would be of interest for you two since you are always talking about driving distance for picking up items. I was thinking of signing up as a driver but see what kind of prices I could get if I have a larger item when shipping.
Ebay has a 48 hour policy and many people have it set to automatically open the unpaid item case at that time. The way I do it is a little different in that I wait 48 hours, then email an invoice if not in GSP, give them 24 more hours, email directly and let them know I have the item ready for shipping once payment is made and then open the case after 24 more hours if no contact is made. If the item was under the GSP program, I will open the case sooner. Most of my unpaid items actually come from the GSP buyers.
I’m down to two t-shirts in my stack and I got 1 item listed in my main store last night and a draft ready for photos in the main store as well. Another busy weekend ahead with more tile, but I hope to take a break and get some of my larger items photographed out on the deck if the sun is out.
Better to have that happen to you than to a customer as they are pulling it out of the box. It still stinks, but as you said, progress is progress!
Just picked up a dining room light for $100 and it retails for close to $900. I consider it a score.
I picked up one of these in December at an estate sale outside of DC. Mine is a flower pattern. It has a sticker on the back so I assume these were at one point produced by at least one company and not just some home project. I haven’t gotten around to listing it yet so I haven’t done any research.
I try to avoid looking at the auction listings, but it is SO hard not to. Good job on getting some of the fabric listed! A fast sale is always a motivator to get more up to see what else will sell quick.
-
AuthorPosts