Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
I didn’t like it. I used one roll and am selling the rest. It was tearing for me a lot when i was putting it on. Really irritated me.I bought mine last quarter.
-
This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by
Nancy.
12/28/2016 at 5:28 pm in reply to: What the highest price/ biggest profit item you have ever sold on Ebay? #9015I’ve sold 3 persian rugs now after learning about them from Jay and Ryanne. One sold for $400 on etsy. I can’t remember what the other two sold for. I also can’t remember what I paid for them but the profit was very good.
One of my very first sales was a Walt Whitman early edition of the book Leaves of Grass. I purchased for a $1 and sold for $100. It was exciting because I had no idea it was worth anything. I only purchased because I thought it was a nice looking vintage book.
Awesome sales everyone. Fun to read and motivating
12/28/2016 at 2:06 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 290: Experimenting with your eBay Store #8996Good observation Paulo. I tend to agree. I don’t think it’s possible to create a controlled environment unless you do something like the pencil seller. Identical product over time. But in that case you aren’t then testing the theory that having free shipping increases overall exposure of ones store.
So Cal Joe the Mac I spilled coffee on was an OS X too. I am having a lot of problems with it slowing down and freezing up and was thinking about upgrading. When I brought it in yesterday the tech said that she had the same system and has upgraded it to Maverick. She said she has heard from other Mac users that upgrading it to more recent OS can cause a lot of problems. That’s what I was fearing. That’s my very limited understanding of it. Wish I could be more help
I got a new Mac for Christmas so if they fix my older coffee soaked mac I might upgrade it just to Maverick if that is possible.
12/28/2016 at 12:06 pm in reply to: Customer Request Express Shipping After Paying For Parcel Select #8976short and stout, this is from parcel select to priority express (overnight) otherwise yes i just do it
i offer parcel select because of what the customer sees. when someone from california looks at an item of mine parcel select and priority are quite a difference in price so they choose parcel select. i then upgrade to priority because for me it is no difference. i just don’t want them put off by the higher priority shipping. I like fedex smart post for the same reason except it is inconvenient to bring it in to the fed ex office. i have all of my packages picked up by USPS.
-
This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by
Nancy.
-get organized
-complete listing of death piles
-donate stuff that isn’t selling and is low priced
-get control of my accounting so i don’t have to file for an extension every year!
-make more money by buying higher dollar items alongside my normal bread and butter itemsI would be interested starting in February but right now I don’t want to miss out on all of the inventory people are getting rid after Christmas and New Years resolutions….
I don’t know if paying for a review is necessary. If you feel comfortable posting your store here you’d get lots of feedback from successful sellers.
12/27/2016 at 5:38 pm in reply to: Customer Request Express Shipping After Paying For Parcel Select #8929Thanks Jay and Ryanne. I think that is the first time I came up against that. It’s really silly that they don’t have a way to deal with that. I just sent them a paypal invoice like you said Jay.
gave up and brought it in.. good thing I have another
12/26/2016 at 2:28 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 290: Experimenting with your eBay Store #8813I have an expensive piece of jewelry that I’ve thought about listing as well. I’m worried about what happened to you happening to me. What if I were to have it authenticated before I sent it and then if it were returned and it wasn’t the same have it authenticated by the same jeweler. I wonder if that would hold any water. I know people buy pens that leave invisible marks to identify items.
I’ve also been considering contacting jewelry stores and seeing if they sell used jewelry on consignment. Has anyone tried that?
I do one layer of bubble wrap and then tape a square of cardboard to the bottom and top of the cup. Wrap in paper in the 7x7x6 priority box.
I just sold one of those brass angel chimes minutes after I listed it. Not too late.
I really enjoyed your interview. I can’t imagine being that self aware and goal oriented at your age. You have many years to explore. It’s ridiculous that kids at 18 are asked to choose what they want to do for 50 years and pay thousands of dollars to achieve that. College isn’t really an exploration of different paths in life at least it wasn’t for me.
I don’t think it’s necessary to be social on etsy. Sometimes I post in the forums, sometimes I don’t. It doesn’t seem to make a difference. Tags and consistent listing. Sounds like you are doing well.
-
This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts