Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
08/07/2017 at 7:18 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 322: Don’t Forget To Make Your Own Weekends #21498
This is from the details: “By choosing to use this feature, you are agreeing to accept the return of any order arriving after the guaranteed delivery date regardless of the cause of the delay or the party responsible. Restocking fees are not permitted for items returned due to a late delivery. Your buyer will be provided with a return label through the eBay labels platform. Where eBay is not able to provide a return label to the buyer, you may provide a return label and if eBay is financially responsible for return shipping costs, eBay will reimburse you for such amount.”
The way I read that, to be part of the GD program, your listing’s return policy CAN include a restocking fee, but you would not be able to APPLY the restocking fee IF the REASON for the return was “arrived late” But if the reason for return was just basic buyer’s remorse, you’d still be able to apply it.
-
This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by
MyCottage.
I know this is counter-intuitive, and I don’t sell that stuff, but my policy is 30 day returns, I pay return shipping. I get very few returns, and have not had to deal with buyers claiming INAD to get free return shipping, since they are getting it without the need to BS.
I don’t know, maybe your return rate would go up if you tried this, but maybe not…it seems pretty low as it is, and as you say, with the low FVFs I’m guessing you could afford to pay the occasional return shipping?
To me, the fact that I don’t need to deal with buyers trying to weasel me out of free return shipping is worth the possibility that I might have to pay it once in a rare while.
ChristineR,
According to the video posted on the ebay Open thread, ebay has no current plans to require a white background. Personally, I wouldn’t worry too much about the Google Shopping thing. (And, if I understand correctly, that only applies to Google Shopping, not Google Images or Google organic search….so it’s not like your items couldn’t show up in Google at all.
Welcome! What sorts of things do you sell? And whereabouts in Miss? Anywhere near Jackson?
In the old days, four days was the shortest period of time ebay allowed for sellers to claim UI, and I’ve stuck with that. I get too few of them to feel a need to automate the process, so I just give all my buyers a minimum of four days, and often longer. I find most of my buyers usually do pay if I give them some time, and if I do have to file, most pay pretty quickly. As a small scavenger seller, I’ve just never been comfortable with less then four days, but that’s just me.
07/28/2017 at 3:02 pm in reply to: Fraternity Plaques – Antique Tool Attachment – Mid Century Bottle #20983the one on the right is the crest, the one on the left is the insignia. Get a new one for $399 direct from Kappa Psi LOL:
07/28/2017 at 2:57 pm in reply to: Fraternity Plaques – Antique Tool Attachment – Mid Century Bottle #20982Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity
07/20/2017 at 11:50 pm in reply to: Help identifying small ceramic chicken statue with no identifiable marks #20582Reminds me a little of Shenandoah Valley pottery. Is it redware pottery?
push button puppet
30% of GROSS profit, or NET profit? I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck. I wouldn’t trust this guy.
On the other hand, I give him points for supplying a uniform at his expense. A snappy uniform can go a long ways towards providing an employee with a sense of professionalism and self-worth.
(J/K!—Thanks for sharing—I needed a good laugh!)
LOL! I remember some years ago an online bookseller’s blog. He was talking about selling on eBay, at the time, sellers were complaining about all the new competition coming on to ebay, especially people using the (then brand new) ISBN scanners….and he gave some examples of listings, etc, and he basically said: “Yes, lots more sellers, but it’s not like an experienced seller has to do very much to stand out from the crowd. The bar they are setting is very low”
I’d say that’s still pretty true today.
cheryl5678
I don’t usually use fragile stickers, but maybe I should—not because I think postal employees will treat my packages carefully if I do, but because I was once told that for frgaile items like glassware, etc, USPS will deny insurance claims if the package didn’t include some sort of “Fragile” notice. Anyone know if that’s true or not?07/11/2017 at 1:30 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 318: Spending Money Should Be Painful #20251T-Satt,
In my experience, if one of my items has a really huge number of views, it is probably because a popular blogger (or other social networking person) linked to it or mentioned it.
Whether that’s the case with your stuff or not, I can’t say.
07/11/2017 at 9:58 am in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 318: Spending Money Should Be Painful #20241An interesting article about Amazon competitors benefitting from the Amazon Prime Day “Halo effect”, with some current ebay TV ads: http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/shots-fired-retailers-aim-amazon-prime-day/309705/
GTC listings retain the same ID number, manual relists are given a new number. So, no, I don’t think GTCs show as new every 30 days.
I like your idea about auto discounting.
-
This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by
-
AuthorPosts