Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
That’s the same kit I bought several months ago. Its quality is just fine, and it was definitely a good deal, but I find the lights aren’t nearly bright enough…or maybe I just have issues with the fluorescence. One of these days when I make it to a hardware store, I want to see if I can find some brighter LED day lights that will fit. Not sure if it’s a proprietary size or not. For the stands and the backdrops, well worth it.
Edit: Dang. I bought mine in September of last year and paid 57.90. Doh!-
This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by
Mighty Brilliant.
-
This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by
Mighty Brilliant.
Yikes! That suggests it is a glitch. Looks like the customer was shown and paid for the old method while you have now been “upgraded” to the new pricing. What are your dimensions and weight? If eBay wrongly priced for the customer, I’m sure you’ll have a case for reimbursement somehow.
They appear to still have a fairly good sell through rate, depending on the item. I guess I’ll figure out the reality once I start listing them. I paid $70 for all of these, and by my initial calculations based on the sets that they supposedly comprise, I should have nearly $800 worth. If it takes awhile, so be it. I just want them off my floor! 🙂
I’ve been so, so good at listing what I buy. These past couple of weeks though, I’ve been slammed. A new Goodwill opened about a mile from me and being one of the first to visit it before the other resellers, it was a treasure trove of excellence. I bought about 17 shirts and coats, as well as some high end collectibles and a sewing machine for cheap.
I did this while in the middle of my Lego apocalypse. I finally decided to try to part out the sets I bought (a mistake in hindsight) and while I’m trying to get the clothes photographed and listed, my living room floor is a landmine of legos. Pictured is about 75% of the stockpile I got.
Maybe this is what it feels like to have children? LOL.
-
This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by
Mighty Brilliant.
If it is a glitch, as far as eBay glitches go, I don’t so much mind this one. 🙂
06/23/2019 at 3:04 pm in reply to: Anyone Else had trouble getting the Quarterly Credit for Using Promoted Listings #63930You’re welcome. At least the hold times have come way down. Seems I’m making at least a call a week over some new glitch or incorrect calculation.
In the case of the promotion reimbursement, they told me at the time it had something to do with the date the invoice was created and that it should “correct itself”. Again, only time will tell. I’m not holding my breath, but I got a service number just in case I have to call in at the end of the month. Scratch that…I’m sure I’ll have to call in at the end of the month about *something*. This will just be something else on the pile. LOL.I have this exact issue right now. A shirt I sold on June 17 shows as of June 19 “Held at Post Office, At Customer Request”. I haven’t heard from the customer, so while I don’t like having these unresolved issues, I guess I’ll just wait it out.
Since I’m relatively new to reselling, I’ve primarily been selling clothing because it is the easiest for me to source and provides a good base to build on with other finds that can bring more money. It’s really opened my eyes. I’m discovering brands that I thought were “high end” aren’t. I’m also discovering brands that I’ve never heard of before and now know to look out for.
Clothing is purely market driven on eBay and has a very unique learning curve. Some brands that sell new for hundreds of dollars can’t be given away on eBay while others that sell new for the 50-60 dollar range can still be sold regularly at half price. I think what happens is that good brands get flooded with sellers and then the race to the bottom happens. Ralph Lauren is a great example. Good quality, but so over saturated it’s hard to profit from.
These trends change regularly. The best way to research is to just do a search through the solds looking at things that sell above a certain minimum. You’ll start to see brand trends. You can also go to the “growth” tab in seller hub and use the sourcing guidance section. I wouldn’t use that info to set pricing, but you can see the top ten brands in any category based on their sell through rate and popularity.
Clothing is tuff and time consuming, but as I said, it can be good bread and butter for your store.
Good luck.
~Christian
CarrieInCanada is exactly correct. This isn’t a blockchain based cryptocurrency at all. It’s simply a new electronic currency controlled by Facebook and the Libra coalition. It certainly represents an *evolution* in the financial space and I’m cautiously optimistic about it, but it is far, far from the *revolution* that true peer to peer blockchain assets provide.
06/20/2019 at 2:29 pm in reply to: Anyone Else had trouble getting the Quarterly Credit for Using Promoted Listings #63804Hi!
You aren’t alone.
We receive a credit on each invoice for the prior month’s promoted listing charges up to the $30 per quarter credit. So on the March invoice, we would receive a credit for February’s promoted listings.Last month, for my May invoice, I received the credit that I had for my March promotions, which I had already received on my April invoice. I spent more money on promotions in April and that amount should have been credited instead. When I called in, the agent was very confused, but I eventually baby stepped them through the process and showed them on the invoices that I was twice credited for March and not for April. They told me it would be corrected on my next invoice, but I’ll have to wait and see what happens.
I’ve noticed that invoices need to be gone over with a fine tooth comb each month. There seems to frequently be a mistake here or there. I keep meticulous records so these are easy, if time consuming, to spot. Thankfully it’s only ever a couple dollars at a time, but it is frustrating nonetheless. If you are not receiving the correct credits, just keep pestering them until they fix it.
Awesome! Glad I could help.
Hi Anna,
Not exact, but they have a lot of similarity to “Flexi Hexis”. The tops are similar, but the colors are different and yours have seven “bumps” rather than three.
Perhaps something along the lines of these educational toys?
I only do free returns on first class items that don’t have a high likelihood of being returned. For most of my items I do buyer pays returns. I don’t quite yet have a high enough percentage of my items that would allow me to pay for return shipping and still profit after I sell it again. I’m sort of nickel and diming at this point, but money is money.
Temudgin beat me to it, but I’m a top rated seller and willingly give up the top rated plus discount in exchange for the security of buyer pays returns. Thankfully nobody has abused the INAD policy with me yet. Just a matter of time I suppose…knock on wood.
We do get at least one, perhaps two, benefits for being top rated. The first is that we get a $20 per month credit for promotional listings. So far, that has more than paid for all my promotions. The second one may just be happenstance, but I used to pay the same rate for shipping through eBay as on Pirateship. When the rates changed back in January, the same time that I got top rated seller status, the ebay pricing became a quarter or so less than Pirateship. (Not counting cubic pricing or international, for which Pirateship is a true blessing.) I’m not sure if the extra small discount was a result of being top rated or if they just changed their prices for everyone when the post office raised prices.
I too print from “print invoice/packing slip” one at a time since a busy day for me would only have two or three orders. I personally wouldn’t feel comfortable having the prices printed on the stickers, though if printing in bulk having the item listed to ensure it goes on the right box would be helpful.
We’re all perhaps a little “obsessive”. LOL. I print out my monthly invoices and my order page every month (now conveniently downloadable from seller hub) which has all my tracking numbers and whatnot on it. I match all this to my spreadsheet to make sure everything is up to date and accurate. At some point I’ll upgrade my spreadsheet to the professional one mentioned in another thread that automatically pulls in the info from eBay. That would be a time saver…though I’d still probably obsess over it’s accuracy. 🙂
One of my first posts here was questioning my picture taking ability because I too had problems with lighting and color accuracy. I invested all this money in a lighting kit and backdrops, but what I’ve learned from trial and error in the last month is that if I simply hang my items on a nail on my wall in my kitchen next to my sliding glass door and then adjust my white balance in the pro mode on my phone my pictures come out better than ever. (Wow, that was a quite a run on sentence.) I tried to make this more complicated than it needed to be and paid the price. Not only have my pictures improved, but the time it takes me has shrunk.
-
This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts