Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
01/07/2019 at 2:49 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 393: Happy New Year and Returns Happen #54716
My Store Week Dec 30, 2018 – Jan 5, 2019
Total Items in Store: 1090
Items Sold: 9
Gross Sales: $161.73 (2 International)
Cost of Items Sold: $11.11
Highest Price Sold: $39.99 (Mary Engelbreit Felt Snowman Family Embroidery Kit)
Average Price Sold: $17.97
STR: 3.5%
Returns: 0
Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $107.67
Number of items listed this week: 24It was truly a disappointing week, sales wise – despite getting back into the listing groove… and we all got sick 2 days ago – stomach bug, yuck.. here’s to a better next week… We had a fun Christmas break at home – I was able to get some good sourcing in and have a lot to list over the next few weeks. Happy Selling to all!
01/05/2019 at 1:42 pm in reply to: Ebay not counting Dec 5th as Postal Holiday in Late Tracking Uploaded Metric #54582Thanks for the update on the announcement – I also called eBay and they told me 2-3 days for automatic removal.. It has been 3 days and I still have the defects so will give it a few more days – but hoping these drop off without having to call again. I’ve got 3 dings for Dec 5th tracking uploaded late…
2018 Gross Yearly Revenue: $19510.40
Number of items sold in the year: 596
Number of listings on Jan 1 2018: ~950
Number of listings on Dec 31 2018: 1077
Number of new listings made in 2018: 7572018 COGS: $1335.30
Ebay Listing Fees: $1651.03
Shipping Fees: $3759.19
Paypal Fees: $737.35
eBay Subscription Fees: $719.40
Other eBay Fees: $380.50
Misc. Business Expenses: $514.30
Mileage: TBD (kept horrible records last year, will have to figure this out – just signed up for MileIQ for 2019, thank you everybody for your advice.)
Labor: $0 – It’s just me, and I average about 10 hours a week on eBay activities. (not including my time on Scavenger Life, which is recreational 🙂Total 2018 Profits after expenses: $10,413.33
12/30/2018 at 3:37 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 392: No Alarm Clocks – We chat with Troy aka T-Satt about the eBay Lifestyle #54167Here are my weekly numbers – a quiet week overall, not running any promotions or sales, or listing, so I cannot complain…
My Store Week Dec 23-29, 2018
Total Items in Store: 1077
Items Sold: 10 (1 International)
Gross Sales: $288.91
Cost of Items Sold: $23.06
Highest Price Sold: $47.49 (Vintage Fisher Price Toy)
ASP: $28.89
STR: 4.0%
Returns: 0
Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $47
Number of items listed this week: 0Happy New Year and Thank you for your podcast – will come back and post yearly numbers after the correct thread gets going…
Thank you for clarifying – I was not understanding that option – I don’t think it would really help me out much (I want them to buy and pay without delay) – but probably for a large store as yours I can see some advantages…
Here’s the link to compare stores: https://www.ebay.com/sub/subscriptions
Don’t forget the $25 promoted listing credit for Anchor and above! 🙂 Every little bit helps!I am not sure I understand “allow combined purchases” for 7 days… Does this mean that you can have multiple items in your cart from different users and just pay 1 user at a time? Thanks!
I have the 2 day option and 1 day handling time…
Thanks, Jay!
My Store Week Dec 16-22, 2018
Total Items in Store: 1090
Items Sold: 8 (0 International)
Gross Sales: $155.11 (What happened?!? Really Crappy Sales :-0)
Cost of Items Sold: $7.08
Highest Price Sold: $44.99 (Lot of Mens Shirts)
ASP: $19.39
STR: 3.01%
Returns: 0
Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $72.07
Number of items listed this week: 8Hello! Just posting these numbers to let anyone who had low sales this past week – you are not alone… However, already yesterday (Sunday) I sold more than all the sales in the previous 7 days combined – so must have just been a slow week with Christmas preparations – I know I have been super busy! This is the first week I just left my store in auto-mode and didn’t run any daily sales. Somehow, I think this hurt me big time, but it could just be the normal ebb-and-flow of the business. On a positive note, I finally finished epoxying my basement floor with the DIY Rustoleum Basement Epoxy Kit. This will be my future eBay office/warehouse. It turned out terrific and I am very pleased with the results, without having to pay a professional (I am not very handy, but I was able to do this and didn’t screw it up)! I will be renovating my new space over the next several weeks and am looking forward to a much more productive 2019. Will post pictures when it is all said and done. I have been living in a very unorganized ebay chaos for the past year and it has been stressful, and anyone who has experienced a move/remodel/home project knows what I am talking about…
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everybody at Scavenger Life. Thank you Jay and Ryanne, you really have made a difference in the world!!! I am waiting for your cable TV show syndication… someday… !
12/19/2018 at 8:14 am in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 390: Building a Business to Build a Life #53671My last men’s dress shirt also sold in October (Oct 19th to be exact!) Although mens vintage T shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts and polos have been doing well this season for me my average price is more likely in the $25 range…
12/18/2018 at 4:26 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 390: Building a Business to Build a Life #53655Am I the only one who has a 2 day option?
12/18/2018 at 11:09 am in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 390: Building a Business to Build a Life #53618Thanks Christine! I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience… it is one of my 2019 goals to get up and working on a 2nd platform… so I really need to spend some time learning this system.
12/17/2018 at 5:25 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 390: Building a Business to Build a Life #53556Christine, that makes perfect sense! (re: pc listing)
I also understand wanting to move out the clothing… I have plenty of these items (lots of kids clothes) – too low cost to list in my ebay store, and I generally don’t like selling kids clothing, but perfectly good clothing non-the-less… perhaps mercari can help move out this stuff, I have been donating bag-fulls to goodwill… do you think there is a market for children’s clothes on mercari?
12/17/2018 at 5:19 pm in reply to: Scavenger Life Episode 390: Building a Business to Build a Life #53555Retro, yes, that is the right way to look at it – a blessing in disguise! Sorry to hear about the $3k back-out – that would irritate me every time I looked at my sales graph also.
-
AuthorPosts