Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
I finally got one of those rare people who actually thing free shipping is really free.
A buyer made an offer on an item that has free shipping on it. They are in Puerto Rico, which gets the free shipping just like domestic USPS.
I declined their offer and said that I would need full price to ship to Puerto Rico.
They messaged me and basically asked why it was a problem since the shipping was free. ::facepalm::I politely replied that shipping is free for the buyer but is most certainly not free for me, the seller.
Here’s a couple of my interesting items from the past week:
Old Tool battery chargers. They always do very well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264335676700This is for a Tron Arcade Game. I bought this to restore mine, but never used it. Since then these aren’t made anymore. There was no established market for this, but I knew someone would pay a mint for it. I started the auction at $100 and there was a bidding war. Odds were good that it could have gone up over $200 if I had more time on the auction.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264365335227Ferragamo shoes. Great sale at full price. I find this brand very hit/miss and they take forever to sell.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264182588851Kobe Bryant Nike Shoes. There’s always diamonds in the shoe section. I was hoping to get over $100, but I want sales.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264256670231An old vibrating massage tool. This thing vibrates stupid fast. Sold through GSP so this buyer paid through the nose for it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264339096039This is a home use silk screen machine. I sat on this one for a year. What a waste of time. Finally got this listed and it sold full price within a day or two. Shipping was only $26 so I did VERY well. Only paid $5 for it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264374675766Bose Subwoofer. Another item I sat on for over a year… ugh. Paid like $10 for the sub and some satellite speakers. Sold this within a day. I need to find a box for it this weekend to ship it. This thing is huge and heavy. I actually just picked up another one of these a couple weekends ago. I’ll be listing it soon as well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264376602145Oh wow, the house thing sounds so exciting! Were you getting offers above your list price?
Also, I had to google what a beaver tail was. Yum!
I finish my listings on mobile after I upload photos and the app always forces me to put in weight and dimensions even when I have PFRE picked.
You must finish on the computer.Exactly. If you select any flat rate shipping option the dimensions section should be grayed out and not even applicable. Super easy fix. The dimensions are already known!
Pretty much all of my youth shoes, womens shoes under size 9, womens and mens jeans/pants, and all sweatshirts/sweaters/light jackets are all listed as padded flat rate envelope. It is HUNDREDS of listings.
I got a response from Ebay for Business just now. They said this happened due to the USPS dimensional shipping update that was announced in May and implemented on the 23rd.
I’ll at least check the cost over there before I ship. I walked away for a while. I’ve reached my limit on finding ebay glitches this week. I can’t handle anymore…
I am going through and opening any item I typically ship in a padded flat rate in a new tab. Then I go through the tabs to look for ones with the shipping error. I close everything that doesnt have the error and click on revise on the ones that do.
Then I go through and edit the shipping dimensions on all of them that are left. I’ve finished going through 600 listings so far.
What pisses me off is that I had 12x10x4. The actual package is 12×9.5. Basically I’m being punished for rounding up.
The hits just keep on coming. I sold an item with free shipping, but I chose Fed Ex when I put in my weight and dimensions.
I just went to print a label and the buyer is on the east coast. In the past I’ve swapped from Fed-Ex to USPS to save on shipping.
Well guess what – now USPS is grayed out!!!!! I’m being forced into using Fed Ex and can’t substitute USPS.
More like right into the groin. Yep, definitely the groin.
I’m 400 items in now on finding and fixing my flat rate items and I can feel every one of those rounds right into my metaphorical groin.
F(@#ing ebay… how I hate thee.
Okay so I actually figured some of these issues out while waiting on the guy to write his report.
The issue is tied to package dimensions.
When you create a listing, make sure your dimensions are within the dimensions that will fit in the USPS packaging or else you get the errors.
I have put in 12x10x4 for padded flat rate for years now. That will technically not fit in a padded flat rate, so the listing won’t show my sipping option to buyer and it wont show up as a shipping option on the shipping page.
It would have been nice if the listing showed an error prior to creating the listing, but noooo.
Also starting yesterday in the ebay app when I go to add pictures to a listing it goes to the beginning of my pictures. SUPER ANNOYING!!!!!
Also, the idiot CSR just hung up on me….
Ugh…yes I’ve been having issues since yesterday.
Buyers can’t see shipping method or cost on alot of my flat rate items.
I have to send invoices when they buy.Also flat rate options dissapear on the shipping screen. I changed the dimensions of items and that made some of them reappear so I could at least ship a few things this morning.
I finally built up the mental fortitude to call their sad customer service and am on hold right now. I got a real winner agent……..
She has no clue…Oh absolutely use the good stuff. I use alot of the methodologies I’ve learned at work in my ebay business – that’s how I operate at a high efficiency level with my limited time.
Oh and by the way…
Make sure to “5s” your workstations and hold a Kanban event prior to starting your inventory system.
Next time you can’t find an item, be sure to perform an RCFA so it won’t happen again.🙂
-
AuthorPosts