Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Almasty,
I’m a big fan of communities that come together to support one another. It’s also fun to read about what is going on with other sellers.
I’m not too far from some of the cities on the Gulf Coast. I bet one of them has a group that meets up.
I appreciate your thoughts!
-JessJay,
Agreed, sounds like Old Dad is the wise, caring man of the community. 🙂
I know you’re probably right. Once people recognize that you are willing to give your time and talents for the community, you’ll probably have more opportunities than you can stand.
We have a Church on every corner here and they are the foundation of things here. Luckily, it doesn’t matter what church you go to. Folks are laid back here.
It’s nice to talk to you and Ryanne after listening to your voices!
-JessBill,
I’m pretty sure that you just described every small town in America! But I think you’re right. If you are out there trying to do good and to help out the community, you’ll probably become known and accepted. As funny as it may sound, I run a Facebook page about the town for fun. It’s based on all the positive, good things going on in the community, plus supporting the local businesses. It’s just my way of letting everyone know what’s going on and to help get people involved. So I do have that link to the community in my own way.
My husband is also well known to several generations of people in the community. He was one of the band directors here and was well loved because of his commitment to the program and his students. So people make an assumption that I am “okay” and must be a decent person because of being his spouse. So I also have his good reputation going for me.
You also mentioned your wife volunteering at the local hospital. I would bet that there are many volunteer positions that need filling if you just go knocking on doors and making contact.
Again, I appreciate your support. It’s making me believe that things will be alright!
-Jess
You are right, Indy. Reselling doesn’t have to be isolating, but sometimes it can feel that way. I think I just need to get into a routine of being involved on a regular basis to make some connections. As we get older it feels like it is more challenging to meet people and make those connections sometimes.
-Jess
Bill,
Thanks so much for your response. Just having someone who understands goes a long way. It makes me feel like I do have a choice and that I can build some connections with others locally.
I also live in a small town of about 5,000 or so. I came here to meet my husband before he was my husband so he was my main connection to this town. The good thing about this place is that they are always working on projects to make things better or to get the town involved in fun events. I have volunteered once or twice so far. I didn’t make any friends during those events, however if I volunteered more regularly, I might start running into the same people.
Thanks for letting me talk things out, I think I needed to. Instead of being worried, I need to be positive about the future. And I need to have faith in myself that I can grow and make connections with others.
-Jess
-
AuthorPosts