We love our routine. Wake up. Make coffee. Start on our eBay tasks. Take breaks throughout the day for lunch/snacks. No one telling us what to do, but always making sure things are get done. It often doesn’t feel like work. Just puzzles that have to be solved that somehow magically make us money week in and week out. We bet on ourselves and it’s paying off.
While we were away for almost a month, we sold 110 items. All but one buyer was willing to wait for their item. All we did was change handling time and sent reminders when someone bought an item. So yes, people love same day shipping, but people will wait if you set the correct expectation.
This week we mentioned the following links:
- Do people buy old computers? Yes they do. This teenager has a collection of Macintoshs worth hundreds and thousands of dollars.
- Our friend, Martin, has a great story of finding money in the trash to pay for his breakfast. The Magic of Garbage.
- eBay’s mobile app got a fresh look. We found a forum talking about the update here.
Our sales were slow and steady this week. Sometimes that’s all we can ask for.
Our Store Week May 15-21, 2016
- Store #1
- Total Items in Store: 3635
- Items Sold: 13
- Cost of Items Sold: $25
- Total Sales: $816.84
- Highest Price Sold: $200 (coral bead)
- Average Price Sold: $62.83
- Returns: 1
- Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $100
- Number of items listed this week: 0
- Amazon FBA Store
- Number of items sold: 14
- Amazon total sales: $320.87
- Amazon FBA Fees: $127.68
- COGS (shipment to FBA included): $30
- Net profit after COGS: $174.15
- Sold 2 items for $150
- Store #2
- Total Items in Store: 871
- Items Sold: 7
- Cost of Items Sold: $10
- Total Sales: $180.43
- Highest Price Sold: $40 (fireplace bellows)
- Average Price Sold: $25.77
- Returns: 0
- Number of items listed this week: 34