Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Thank you, I really like them. If they weren’t worth so much I would definitely keep them. I just might throw it up for 3k and see what kind of offers I get.
10k not 10 dollars lol. Its an actual campground, they sell sites to people. We actually have a double site 1/8 acre each so not huge but decent size. On one site its a cabin and the other we have a camper trailer, the guy who owned it before I guess was having some problems and he needed it sold fast so gave us a great deal. The campground shuts down over the winter and the water is shut off so we cant stay there from like december to march. But we love the place, its right on a lake, the people are nice and always helping each other out. For now its perfect for us until we decide what we want to do next as far as living.
1.99 each lol, I think the normal pricer wasn’t in work that day because stuff is never that cheap but lucky for us. I didn’t know what they were at the time but knew they had to be special. We normally focus on vintage toys but I have a pretty good eye for unusual stuff so I grabbed these up quick.
I grew up in chicago on the southside, shes from virginia. We met in college and got an apartment together in chicago, after deciding to do this full time we moved to indiana in a campground actually. We bought the land and a cabin for about 10,000 and pay 200 in fees plus our electricity and propane. It helps us save money and we love it there. We were paying close to 1000 a month before that with rent and bills. The only downside is we cant stay there in the winter so we bounce around with friends and family for a few months or travel around until it opens back up. I sew and do some woodworking, so I make handmade bags, purses, and also grunge up clothes we find at the thrift stores and resell them. We travel around to horror conventions, we both love horror movies and sell our handmade purses, stickers, wooden signs, various other things in person and that is where we really make our money.
Thank you, maybe I did come off a bit like I wanted someone else to do my research but it was not intended. I was up all night looking for more of this artists sculptures but couldn’t find very much. I think the two pieces must have been donated by the same person, I have the rhino up now for 800 and it would be nice if it sold quickly haha, I need to pay my taxes. I did see clyde’s other stuff was labeled was labeled as brutalism but didn’t know if this was the same style. It appears it is so that helped. I think I might just do 1500 – 2000 obo and see if anyone bites.
03/17/2019 at 12:29 pm in reply to: Found some sculptures, need help identifying and pricing. #58759I’m not looking for someone to write my title haha. I researched this lots last night but can’t find much. I found a bio on the artist, he lived in gary growing up and went the art institute of chicago, then moved to michigan later. He died in 2017. I’ve just never sold anything this expensive before and want to make sure I get my details right. I just thought maybe someone might be familiar with this type of art and could give some more input on it.
03/17/2019 at 12:05 pm in reply to: Found some sculptures, need help identifying and pricing. #58755Thank you, I did google him and found some results but nothing like what I have. He actually lived near me I guess a few cities over so thats cool. Was curious as to the style and maybe if anyone knew some more specifics about the piece. I’m lost as to how to price it, maybe just go high and hope I get some good offers.
-
AuthorPosts