Oh New York. We just finished our first week in the city that we love. We slept, watched movies, walked the streets, ate with friends and of course scavenged. Basically, we just unwound. Everything we did was fun. I’m sure we all forget how hard each of us works to run our businesses. Since we don’t have bosses, we have to tell ourselves to take a break.
Our eBay stores actually picked up even though we did no real listing. Had some big sales. Past hard work paid off.
A listener has put together a meet up on the Upper West Side (near Colombia) this Thursday at 7pm-9pm. Click here for more info. The organizer is charging $8 to pay for pizza and drinks at the restaurant. We’d love to meet and talk to you if you’re in the area. We love hearing how New Yorkers scavenge.
This week we talked about these links:
–Ryanne actually sat through most of eBay’s promoted listings webinar. It was informative, but unclear if it’ll help with sales.
–And as always, you can rent our rent our Vacation Farmhouse if you ever need to hide out in the mountains this Fall to see the leaves changes color. Scavenger discounts are in full effect. Meeting us is optional!
The Weekly Scavenger Numbers
Our Store Week August 9-15, 2015
- Store #1
- Total Items in Store: 3964
- Items Sold: 25
- Cost of Items Sold: $1075
- Total Sales: $3,011.75
- Highest Price Sold: $2000 (Louis Vuitton briefcase)
- Average Price Sold: $42.12 (if you take out the big sale)
- International Sales: 4 (3 GSP)
- Returns: 0
- Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $180
- Number of items listed this week: 8
- Store #2
- Total Items in Store: 458
- Items Sold: 9
- Cost of Items Sold: $45
- Total Sales: $485.93
- Highest Price Sold: $210 (vintage painting)
- Average Price Sold: $53.99
- International Sales: 0 (0 GSP)
- Returns: 0
- Number of items listed this week: 0