After having been home for less than a week from NYC, we’re flying out to Europe tomorrow morning. It’s certainly nothing to cry about, but we wouldn’t have planned all this travel so close together. But as Scavengers, we have to take advantage of free flights and NYC apartments when we can. It’s exciting.
Since we’ll be away for the entire month of September, we’ve put out stores on handling time of 30 BUSINESS days. So that’s 30 days not counting the weekends. Will stuff still sell? Will buyers wait that long to get their items? Who knows! But past experience has shown that many buyers will gladly wait if they get a good deal on a special item. Last year, we sold 188 items while we were in Amsterdam. August has been really slow for us so we hope things pick up.
We’re going to get the podcast out this Sunday as always which means Ryanne will be editing on the plane! She’s dedicated.
This is an open post so talk about anything you want. This place can be whatever we want it to be. It’s been great to see new people show up here lately and other sellers answer their questions calmly and professionally. The TrashElf 3000 has been dormant for quite some time and this is good.
Feel free to post questions of any issues you have. Some simple rules-
- We do allow anonymous commenters, but we encourage you to use your
ID so people can get to know you. Plus you won’t have to re-enter the
code for each comment.
- Be civil. People have different ways of doing the same thing. If we disagree, no big deal.
- We are solution oriented. If you want to simply hate on eBay, go to the dark depths of the eBay Forums where your hate can be polished like a precious jewel.
- Please back up any issues with facts and specific links. We don’t deal in rumors.
- Comments are threaded (what?). So you can either reply to a specific comment or start an overall new topic.