This week we found a newish Jenn Air stove/oven on Craigslist. It’s worth between $1500-$2500 new, but we got it for $200. Do we need a new stove? No. But we have dreams of opening another rental, so it’s always good to begin collecting. Plus how could we turn it down! If anything, we’ll just resell it for 4x the price. This woman said she just upgraded her stove. Must be nice!
Since we live in rural America, we drive about 90 miles to get cool stuff from the closest CL city. If we lived in an urban area, we’d always be fishing for deals. People are moving and dumping their stuff. People are just downsizing and are kind enough to almost just give stuff away. It’s incredible.
Of course, it’s helpful if you scavenge for a living because Craigslist is all about quick response and pickup. You won’t be the only full-time Scavenger looking for treasure.
On Fridays, we’re now just opening up a post to ask any question or share whatever you want. We swear we won’t be mean to you. The TrashElf3000 is switched off for now. The topic can be whatever you want it to be. But remember, we like to think of this blog like a pot luck: fill your plate but we ask you add something to the mix.
Some simple guidelines:
- We do allow anonymous commenters, but we encourage you to use your ID so people can get to know you. Plus you won’t have to re-enter the code for each comment.
- Be civil. People have different ways of doing the same thing. If we disagree, no big deal.
- We are solution oriented. If you want to simply hate on eBay, go to the dark depths of the eBay forums where your hate can be polished like a precious jewel.
- Please back up any issues with facts and specific links. We don’t deal in rumors.
- Comments are threaded (what?). So you can either reply to a specific comment or start an overall new topic.