Since Ryanne is gone for the weekend, I have nothing to do but read the blog. So let’s have an open thread.
You can ask/talk about anything, but some listeners asked for a place to share items they like to buy and sell. A good format would be to mention an item that surprised you when it sold this week. Any links get you a gold star so other sellers can see completed. (Ryanne posts our interesting sold items each week).
This week we sold a vintage sports trophy for $20. Big deal, right? I bought a big box of them about a year ago for $1. But after selling about 15 of them at $20-$30 each, we’ve made over $300. Here are the completed listings. We found that ones made of metal and wood sell best.
Since Ryanne and I like consistency, I think we figured out a fun way to record the podcast on Sunday as usual. I was going to say it’ll be more casual, but aren’t we always casual? Let’s show her we can play nice while she’s gone.
Some simple rules-
- We do allow anonymous commenters, but we encourage you to use your
ID so people can get to know you. Plus you won’t have to re-enter the
code for each comment.
- Be civil. People have different ways of doing the same thing. If we disagree, no big deal.
- We are solution oriented. If you want to simply hate on eBay, go to the dark depths of the eBay forums where your hate can be polished like a precious jewel.
- Please back up any issues with facts and specific links. We don’t deal in rumors.
- Comments are threaded (what?). So you can either reply to a specific comment or start an overall new topic.