This week, as you can see in our insanely high numbers, we sold a bunch of artwork on consignment for a lot of money. We are usually very much opposed to doing consignment, but we decided to try it this month as an experiement, and so far so good! We posted another video this week, though it was not about eBay scavenging, it was about homestead scavenging, check it out. We also have another Q&A open thread for people to talk on here. There is a cool article on Vice about What Actually Happens to Donated Clothes?. eBay has started to do in-person events again, eBay in Person. In an effort to cut down on our huge cell phone bills, Jay is planning on switching to Ting.com and will keep you all updated on how low we can get our bill.
We’ve included our weekly Ebay numbers below. In the comments, go ahead and post what you’ve done this week. And let us know if there are other numbers you want us to share.
The Weekly Scavenger Numbers
Our Store Week March 23-29, 2014
- Total Items in Store: 3394
- Items Sold: 51
- Cost of Items Sold: $95 (plus cost of 6 consignment art which we didn’t pay for)
- Total Sales: $4,825.20
- Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $240
- Highest Price Sold: $1,285.00 (Lot of 3 vintage pop-art pieces)
- Average Price Sold: $94.60
- International Sales: 6(6 GSP)
- Returns: 2
- Positive Feedback: 26
- Neutral Feedback: 0
- Negative Feedback: 0