We had our worst week on eBay that we can remember. Why? Difficult to say but there are probably several contributing factors. Since we've been starting our Amazon FBA business, we simply haven't listed much on eBay over the past two months. Since we're about to leave on four week trip, this listing situation won't get any better!
Some sellers have said that the April 18 tax deadline has slowed slows down for them as well. Who knows. Some weeks are slow. Keep filling the pipeline.
Some listeners asked us why we aren't angry at eBay for raising their subscription prices in the Spring Seller Update. Instead of just being angry at any kind of change, we encourage everyone to do their numbers. Let's be specific.
In our Anchor subscription, I did the calculations and realized that though we'll pay a little more per month, we can now list 6,000 more items (!!!!) as part of the price. So it's up to us to keep filling the pipeline. That's a bargain.
In our second eBay store at the Premium subscription, we ran the numbers and turns out we'll be paying less per month because we were paying extra for items over the Premium limit. So $60/month for 1000 items saves us money.
It's justified to be angry when change affects your business, but it'll help us all if we base the anger in facts. Please feel free to share your numbers in the comments.
Hope you had a good week. Did anyone go buy a bunch of Marimekko at Target this weekend to resell?
Our Store Week April 10-16, 2016
- Store #1
- Total Items in Store: 3719
- Items Sold: 15
- Cost of Items Sold: $107
- Total Sales: $500.26
- Highest Price Sold: $140 (vintage books)
- Average Price Sold: $33.35
- Returns: 0
- Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $60
- Number of items listed this week: 47
- Amazon FBA Store Sales: ? Amazon total sales: $?? Amazon FBA Fees: $??? COGS (shipment to FBA included): $?? Net profit after COGS: $???
- Bonanza: Sold 4 items for $180
- Store #2
- Total Items in Store: 884
- Items Sold: 8
- Cost of Items Sold: $15
- Total Sales: $408.94
- Highest Price Sold: $97 (vintage Lotus software)
- Average Price Sold: $51.12
- Returns: 0
- Number of items listed this week: 25