This weekend we did some hard-core scavenging. That means taking the truck out, driving by all our favorite places, and digging for deals. This time we bought twenty-six Mid-Century fiberglass chairs for $40. A good example of someone just wanting to get rid of stuff that takes up storage, and we’re willing to go all in. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies with a truckload of chairs and trash bags of junk. We were in heaven.
Overall we had a great week of sales. The buyers came in random cycles but we were glad to have them. Spring time is just around the corner.
Here are the links we discussed in this podcast:
- Jeff emailed us about a New Yorker article about Mr Money Mustache. We enjoy reading him because he has done well in his life by being smart and frugal. Just because you have money doesn;t mean you have to be a pig.
- Many Trash Elves sent us distressed messages that Watchcount had to close down the Seller History Tool. Like a like of eBayers, we loved the ability to see what a buyer had previously bought. Information is power.
- You can check out our new podcast at ShampooAndBooze where we discuss our very modest, but fun, rental business.
- And if you want to visit us and the Shenandoah Valley, consider renting our Farmhouse for your vacation.
Our Store Week February 21-27, 2016
- Store #1
- Total Items in Store: 3871
- Items Sold: 27
- Cost of Items Sold: $860
- Total Sales: $2,679.74
- Highest Price Sold: $1000 (celebrity yearbook)
- Average Price Sold: $104.08
- Returns: 0
- Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $75
- Number of items listed this week: 52
- Store #2
- Total Items in Store: 926
- Items Sold: 15
- Cost of Items Sold: $10
- Total Sales: $530.88
- Highest Price Sold: $110(vintage painting)
- Average Price Sold: $65
- Returns: 0
- Number of items listed this week: 25
Amazon: $220 ($130 net profit)