eBay's new Seller Dashboard has been out for a couple months. Didn't seem like that big of a deal. A cleaner look with some semi-interesting stats about our sales. But one of our listeners (thanks Len Pettis!) pointed to the new "Growth" tab that shows how your items compete with similar items on eBay. If you've opted into the new Dashboard, check it out here.
We played around with the new feature which lets you basically reprice items. It gives you a percentage of how likely your item will sell. Amazon has a similar feature that let's you quickly reprice items to compete for "the Box". Unfortunately with eBay, you have to open a new window and click multiple times to reprice a single item. Didn't seem very usable to quickly deal with multiple items.
Of course if you sell weird, vintage items like us, being the cheapest price isn't always our goal. On eBay, buyers are not just looking at prices, but the photos and condition. The Growth tab is still a cool tool that at least gives us an idea of the competition. For those sellers worried about slow sales, this is the tool to see how competitive your items are.
This is an open thread. Our sales have really taken off the last couple days. No real rhyme or reason why.
- We do allow anonymous commenters, but we encourage you to use your ID so people can get to know you. Plus you won't have to re-enter the code for each comment.
- Be civil. People have different ways of doing the same thing. If we disagree, no big deal.
- We are solution oriented. If you want to simply hate on eBay, go to the dark depths of the eBay forums where your hate can be polished like a precious jewel.
- Please back up any issues with facts and specific links. We don't deal in rumors.
- Comments are threaded (what?). So you can either reply to a specific comment or start an overall new topic.