Another quiet-ish week for us on eBay. We haven't seen the holiday sales yet (Hope they come!) But things are still selling and we're listing as fast as we can.
Many Americans are obedient consumers always buying new things whether they need them or not. But even as Scavengers, we can get into the habit of constantly acquiring more stuff. We may never pay retail, but there's always more to bring home. We remind ourselves to use what we have and sell anything we don't need. It's a lesson that has done well for us so far...especially when sales are slow and money needs to be saved.
This week we talked about the following links:
--eBay is starting the new Performance standards in February which will do away with Defects. But now there's a new things called "Late Shipment Rate". Obviously eBay expects tracking to be uploaded within your handling time. However now eBay will ask the customer if they received the item within the estimated delivery date. If not, that's a "ding" against you. Hopefully it won't cause issues because of slow post office issues.
--If you use Go Daddy Bookkeeping, I've finding the Profit/Loss page very helpful. If you're logged into your account, that page will let you compare your sales from different months. Helps give us an better perspective on our sales at different times of the year.
Our Store Week November 1-7, 2015
- Store #1
- Total Items in Store: 3974
- Items Sold: 25
- Cost of Items Sold: $155
- Total Sales: $1,465.95
- Highest Price Sold: $600 (Vintage sewing machine)
- Average Price Sold: $58.62
- International Sales: 1 GSP
- Returns: 0
- Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $100
- Number of items listed this week: 84 ----------
- Store #2
- Total Items in Store: 626
- Items Sold: 10
- Cost of Items Sold: $15
- Total Sales: $223.91
- Highest Price Sold: $40 (Williams Sonoma Napkin set)
- Average Price Sold: $22.30
- International Sales: 0 GSP
- Returns: 0
- Number of items listed this week: 5