Sales felt quiet this week, but our weekly numbers showed we had a solid week. eBay was down for a couple hours, showing that there's likely some heavy architectural changes going on behind the scenes. Progress marches on.
We talk about how we've learned over the years that it's good to be frugal, but sometimes being too cheap causes us problems. So what we do now is "find value" in the things we buy. Meaning we're willing to pay more for things IF we think we get more out of something. This is the Scavenger Way.
In this podcast, we discuss the following links:
--Go to healthcare.gov to compare private healthcare plans. Important if you're self-employed. It'll be cheaper than you think. And always cheaper than not having insurance in a medical emergency.
--Martin from Garbage Finds talks about getting a $220 ticket for scavenging in the trash. He's one of my favorite Scavengers (our interview) who really puts a lot of love each week into his blog posts. I donated $20 to help him pay his ticket. You can donate here.
--People sometimes ask us how they can help us,so we made a new page: Help Us, Help Yourself.
--We talk about our favorite laser printer. If you're new, please don't use an inkjet printer because the ink mafia will bleed you dry.
Have a good week of sales!
Our Store Week October 25-31, 2015
- Store #1
- Total Items in Store: 3913
- Items Sold: 27
- Cost of Items Sold: $65
- Total Sales: $1,140.77
- Highest Price Sold: $159 (Ferragamo shoes)
- Average Price Sold: $42.22
- International Sales: 2 GSP
- Returns: 1
- Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $110
- Number of items listed this week: 56 ----------
- Store #2
- Total Items in Store: 629
- Items Sold: 9
- Cost of Items Sold: $15
- Total Sales: $281.91
- Highest Price Sold: $80 (vintage Silverado truck logo)
- Average Price Sold: $31.32
- International Sales: 0 GSP
- Returns: 0
- Number of items listed this week: 33