The land is across the street from our home. One day we saw a for sale sign go up. The previous owner defaulted on the loan so the bank was selling the land. We called the bank and bought it to avoid someone building next to us. The bank gave us a ten year loan, but we paid it off in two years. I guess you'd say it's a luxury purchase, but having privacy is important to us. We have no plans to ever move so we're investing in our long term future. The two acres is also a prime piece of forested real estate if we ever wanted to build on it ourselves. Land is never a bad investment IMHO.
Anyway, we always love hearing sellers talk about how they use their profits beyond just paying monthly bills.
This is an open comment thread (is it ever not?). Ask and answer as you see fit.
Some simple rules-
- We do allow anonymous commenters, but we encourage you to use your ID so people can get to know you. Plus you won't have to re-enter the code for each comment.
- Be civil. People have different ways of doing the same thing. If we disagree, no big deal.
- We are solution oriented. If you want to simply hate on eBay, go to the dark depths of the eBay forums where your hate can be polished like a precious jewel.
- Please back up any issues with facts and specific links. We don't deal in rumors.
- Comments are threaded (what?). So you can either reply to a specific comment or start an overall new topic.