We had a very productive week since it was the first time in two months where we could spend full-time on eBay. It felt great. We took photos and listed every day. Amazing what you can get done when you consistently work. Though our sales were pretty quiet, we had a decent income with several high dollar sales.
eBay must be doing some changes behind the scenes because we've had the same issues as others with their website and mobile app. No matter. We worked around the kinks and we hope the site gets better because of the changes.
We hope your week went well.
Couple links we discussed in this podcast.
--eBay showed a bigger profit than expected this quarter. This was a big deal since it's the first earnings report after Paypal split off hopefully showing eBay can stand by itself. Who knows. Time will tell.
--Cyndi (aka Amazing Taste) shared with everyone her method of setting goals for her eBay business. She and her husband have a long history of strong sales showing that consistency pays off.
--And as we always say, come rent our farmhouse if you want to escape to Virginia. We love giving discounts to Trash Elves.
The Weekly Scavenger Numbers
Our Store Week October 11-17, 2015
- Store #1
- Total Items in Store: 3882
- Items Sold: 24
- Cost of Items Sold: $52
- Total Sales: $1,540.39
- Highest Price Sold: $149 (gardening tools) + Bonanza: $500 (wool rug)
- Average Price Sold: $43.33
- International Sales: 0 GSP
- Returns: 2
- Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $65
- Number of items listed this week: 78
- Store #2
- Total Items in Store: 599
- Items Sold: 6
- Cost of Items Sold: $25
- Total Sales: $272.95
- Highest Price Sold: $80 (brass curtain tie backs)
- Average Price Sold: $46.33
- International Sales: 1 GSP
- Returns: 0
- Number of items listed this week: 27