We’ve had a long weekend after hanging out with our friend, Mark, at the IJ Hallen flea market. This is our third visit to Europe’s largest flea market. We found a lot of cool items and only spent about $100. Could have easily spent more but we limited ourselves to what we could fit into a single army duffle bag. We’ll be posting a rare “haul video” on Wednesday to show what we bought.
We’re still having summer sales traffic (aka slow), but this is probably because our handling time has been 10-30 days(!) since August. Instead of being bummed, we’re grateful for the continuous sales even though we’re traveling.
On this podcast we mention the following links:
- Faith (aka Flim) mentioned LoHeads or LoLifes on her interview. Watch this short video about the phenomenon of 1990s Brooklyn tough guys who love Polo clothes.
- Several listeners mentioned that eBay has a new experimental price search page. Good to see eBay opening up some of it info in more designed ways.
- eBay has a wait list to get access to the new new Seller Hub. Might as well see what it’s like. I assume it’s going to eventually replace the current Seller Dashboard. I’m hopeful it’ll give us access to more info.
- Mark sent a link to a video that shows you will soon to be able to better customize your return policies.
- Jenn sent us an interview she did discussing eBay as an alternative for people who’re getting out of jail to getting a hourly wage jobs.
The Weekly Scavenger Numbers
Our Store Week September 6-12, 2015
- Store #1
- Total Items in Store: 3959
- Items Sold: 17
- Cost of Items Sold: $40
- Total Sales: $850.69
- Highest Price Sold: $120 (vintage coat)
- Average Price Sold: $50
- International Sales: 2 GSP
- Returns: 0
- Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $10
- Number of items listed this week: 23
- Store #2
- Total Items in Store: 532
- Items Sold: 3
- Cost of Items Sold: $5
- Total Sales: $170.78
- Highest Price Sold: $110 (Weight straps)
- Average Price Sold: $56.66
- International Sales: 0 GSP
- Returns: 0
- Number of items listed this week: 35