Our store has been slow as molasses probably due to our long handling time. Any sale is a bonus to us at this point. We're really psyched to see the active sellers report good sales.
As an eBay seller, it's important to keep up on the new updates that eBay puts out every six months. The Corporation is always tweaking its system to the chagrin of many sellers. Changes are never fun, but I find that most updates that we've experienced since 2008 have made sense. Here's the new Fall Seller Update.
Big news is a change in the defect system for the better. No more punishment if you solve the buyer's issue without eBay getting involved. So returns are cool as long as the buyer is happy. Also no more defects for DSR's (bye bye nebulous 3-star ratings). You simply have to ship when you say you're going to ship, and treat customers humanely. Isn't this what we all wanted?
There's a new Seller Hub that I assume will replace the current Seller Manager Pro. Hopefully it just modernizes and streamlines the info we're all using in our day to day business.
There's a couple listeners at the eBay 20th Anniversary Celebration. Sounds like there's good food there. Let us know if you're there and what's going on. Let us live vicariously through you.
Feel free to post questions of any issues you have. Some simple rules-
- We do allow anonymous commenters, but we encourage you to use your ID so people can get to know you. Plus you won't have to re-enter the code for each comment.
- Be civil. People have different ways of doing the same thing. If we disagree, no big deal.
- We are solution oriented. If you want to simply hate on eBay, go to the dark depths of the eBay Forums where your hate can be polished like a precious jewel.
- Please back up any issues with facts and specific links. We don't deal in rumors.
- Comments are threaded (what?). So you can either reply to a specific comment or start an overall new topic.
|Art deco entry way tiles.|
|Goats getting an electric brushing at the Amsterdam Bos farm.|
|A window looking into a basement that I thought I was going to fall into.|
|An old fashioned windmill in Haarlem.|
|Ketchup and Mayo packets cost money everywhere but the US. It's absolute MADNESS.|
|Lots of electric cars, hurray!|