The Weekly Scavenger Numbers
Our Store Week Nov 30-Dec 6, 2014
- Total Items in Store: 3481
- Items Sold: 46 (3 bonanza)
- Cost of Items Sold: $168
- Total Sales: $1,988.89 on ebay, $260 on Bonanza
- Highest Price Sold: $250 (vintage schoolhouse lamp)
- Average Price Sold: $43.21
- International Sales: 5 (4 GSP)
- Returns: 0
- Money Spent on New Inventory This Week: $95
Family visited this weekend and were our first official guests in the rental house. eBay profits have helped us get this new business off the ground and we hope to start generating income early 2015 by renting to vacationers. It’s taken a three years to remodel the house, and we did it without taking on debt. Like our eBay store, we just do a little bit every day.
Our sales were solid this week. Sold about 10% of our store inventory in November. We’ve also been spending a lot lately. (Not on holiday stuff; just things that needed to be paid for.) If you are looking for a holiday gift for the Scavenger in your life, don’t forget about our one-of-a-kind mugs.
Some listeners sent in several cool links:
- Chris from Flipping a Dollar sent us an article about how LL Bean is struggling to keep up with demand. Good for resellers like us because vintage LL Bean stuff always sells.
- Flim in Queens, NY mentioned Size.ly, a site that creates embeddable listing templates for your eBay listings.
- The Beach Thrifter posted about how the Japanese deal with their trash, recycling, and scavenging here and here. We love seeing how other cultures do it.
- Steve shared this embed code that lets you put Youtube videos in your eBay listings so they’ll show up on mobile devices (see below the numbers).
We’ll be posting another “what we sold video this week”, an interview with seller who owns a brick and mortar store, and listeners questions. Don’t forget that you can call and record your question at (540) 407-8486.
Steve’s eBay Video Embed code–
Just paste this into your listing:
<object height="385" width="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXXXXXXX? fs=1&hl=en_US"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXXXXXXX?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="340"></object></p></div>
In the address bar of your video on You Tube you should see something like this –
This is the name of your video, just copy and paste the characters after the watch?v= into the code above, Replace the 2 sets of XXXXXX.
Viola, so many more people will now be able to see your video without having to go home and open up their laptop or desktop.