Ryanne and I are working on an interview to post this week while we’re in LA. In the meantime, check out this video of our friend Luke and his girlfriend Heather who built a “container home” in Oakland, CA. I’m going to go out on a limb here to assume many of you would never want to live this way, but it’s a great example of approaching life as a scavenger. Let’s appreciate the problems he’s trying to solve vs. the details you find hard to take.
We’re always looking at our monthly bills and thinking of how to spend less. There could be bills/expenses that we just assume are permanent. But by changing our lifestyle, we’ve learned to live on less. If we spend less, we have to work less. If we work less, we own our time and get closer to the freedom that all the advertisements on TV promise you if you just buy more. “Never mind what’s been selling, it’s what you’re buying…”
Okay, open thread. Good place to ask any questions about what’s been going on in your store.
Some simple rules-
- We do allow anonymous commenters, but we encourage you to use your
ID so people can get to know you. Plus you won’t have to re-enter the
code for each comment.
- Be civil. People have different ways of doing the same thing. If we disagree, no big deal.
- We are solution oriented. If you want to simply hate on eBay, go to
the dark depths of the eBay forums where your hate can be polished like a
- Please back up any issues with facts and specific links. We don’t deal in rumors.
- Comments are threaded (what?). So you can either reply to a specific comment or start an overall new topic.