Looks like we sparked the great eBay controversy between auction and fixed priced items this week on the podcast. There's never a wrong or right answer, but always what works for your business. I really hope someone starts the "I-only-do-auctions Podcast" and posts their weekly numbers. I know I'd be a loyal listener. Always look to the actual numbers.
So someone emailed us to say that eBay would soon require that sellers offers free shipping in order to retain their Top Rated Status. I dug into eBay's info and couldn't find anything about this. Anyone hear this rumor and can back it up with an actual link? Always look for the actual links.
As always, this is a great thread for anyone new (or not) to get their questions answered.
Some simple rules-
- We do allow anonymous commenters, but we encourage you to use your ID so people can get to know you. Plus you won't have to re-enter the code for each comment.
- Be civil. People have different ways of doing the same thing. If we disagree, no big deal.
- We are solution oriented. If you want to simply hate on eBay, go to the dark depths of the eBay forums where your hate can be polished like a precious jewel.
- Please back up any issues with facts and specific links. We don't deal in rumors.
- Comments are threaded (what?). So you can either reply to a specific comment or start an overall new topic.