We leave tomorrow for our three week trip. We work for a very long week, and then are traveling for two weeks to visit friends and family (Austin/Boston/NYC). We'll be scavenging and posting podcasts from the road.
We'll also be keeping our store open in Vacation Mode so our sales will continue. For those of you who don't believe people will wait for their packages, we document our past experiences here and here. That's the beauty of selling vintage and one-of-kind items. Buyers are just glad to find what they want at a good price, so they'll wait three weeks for it to ship. Much different than buyers looking for iPhone cases or other new items that they want tomorrow. Usually our sales are about 75% of a normal week. Only about 1 in 10 people want their money back after we remind them of the wait time. This is another experiment, so we'll let you know if our vacation method works again.
Though we always have fun traveling, I can't stop Ryanne from listing during any down time. It's easy to list from the road because all our photos are on our server, and we use Google docs to record measurements and description of each item. Since our phone can be a WIFI hotspot, she could even list while we're driving down the highway.
Anyway, this is a good place to post your questions about eBay. Nothing out of bounds.
Some simple rules-
- We do allow anonymous commenters, but we encourage you to use your ID so people can get to know you. Plus you won't have to re-enter the code for each comment.
- Be civil. People have different ways of doing the same thing. If we disagree, no big deal.
- We are solution oriented. If you want to simply hate on eBay, go to the dark depths of the eBay forums where your hate can be polished like a precious jewel.
- Please back up any issues with facts and specific links. We don't deal in rumors.
- Comments are threaded (what?). So you can either reply to a specific comment or start an overall new topic.